Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warior

Turning off the ATV-1800

I am not sure what would cause this.

Can you try reloading the last firmware update, to see if this helps.

And if you could try factory resetting, if you dont mind resetting up XBMC and your other apps.

Hi,

Reloading the last firmware update din't help at all, but the factory reset I don't want to do this because I have al lot in XBMC.

Are you using the CEC control in MBOX settings? If so, disable it and check if it works. Could be like a HDMI handshaking issue as well, try changing your cables around.

Could you post a picture of the green screen?

Damn, that is a sight. I used to get a green screen of death on some of my other media players, got it resolved by changing the hdmi cables. Try changing the hertz on your TV from 60HZ and 50hz and vica versa. I have seen that sometimes remedies the problem at hand.

Hi Guys,

I tried the switch 60/50 MHz and another HDMI cable. Nothing changed all stays the same.

With my long experience in being the one in our office who looks at all warranty units that come in for replacement. I have come across something similar to this on our Dual Core and Single Core models, where I see units get a full purple screen, whereas your getting a green screen.

I have addressed this situation with the factory, and they have informed me it is a GPU Video problem, and have informed us to just replace any units with this problem under warranty, we have not had that many come in with this problem though, so its nothing we are worried about in regards to defect rates.

I did reset the device to factory settings, I keep you informed.

So, you sending me a new device?

We have not brought in any 1800s into North America yet, besides the 2 samples we received. So therefore it was not purchased from us. We only handle warranty for products that were sold through us in North America.

I have seen 1800s being sold elsewhere in the world, but have yet to see anyone in North America selling them.

We keep track of all serial numbers of every product we sell to our dealers to make sure of this, and therefore can determine if the product was purchased through us by just scanning the serial number in our system.

Sorry if this does not satisfy you, however we can only provide warranty on Mygica products that are sold by us within North America. Mygica is sold worldwide, however each Agent handles the warranty for the product they sold in there country, otherwise warranty must be handled by China directly.

Ok, thanks for the reply, I talk to the seller in China then.

Another question, how do you update XBMC on the ATV-1800.

Ok, thanks for the reply, I talk to the seller in China then.

Another question, how do you update XBMC on the ATV-1800.

You can either find the latest Android ARM version of XBMC Gotham on www.xbmc.org, and just uninstall your current version and then install theres.

Or you can wait for us to have our own version of XBMC 13.1 being included with our new firmware coming.

I have a similar issue with the ATV 1800e When I apply the standby button, the unit does not go into standby mode but stays on. I have had to take out the power cord to make sure it is off. I have factory reset the unit several times but each time I get the same result. By the way what is the best way to get the latest firmware? Download it onto a USB stick and then upgrade the firmware from there or is it better to do it from within the unit.? Thank you.

@Nedcan, the device cannot shutdown completely as it has no battery. If you push the power button on the remote it "suspends" it and the green led is illuminated.

If you want the new firmware via OTA download it on external SD card. Option can be found in Upgrade application, under Upgrade settings, Download settings, choose download path external SD co card. Which firmware revision are you on, it should show in MBOX settings.

Hi team,

I have currently bought a ATV1800e plus. I am also not able to turn the device off completely. It only has 2 options: Stand by and Reboot. It would be great if I can have the "Power off" functionality in the future firmware to turn off my device as I don't use my device frequently.

Another concern is: if I unplug the adapter after I stand by the device, does it have any impact to the ATV1800e?

Thank you!

Hao

Hi team,

I have currently bought a ATV1800e plus. I am also not able to turn the device off completely. It only has 2 options: Stand by and Reboot. It would be great if I can have the "Power off" functionality in the future firmware to turn off my device as I don't use my device frequently.

Another concern is: if I unplug the adapter after I stand by the device, does it have any impact to the ATV1800e?

Thank you!

Hao

We cannot offer a full power off. As you are unable to turn the box on from the remote if you fully power it off. Only the units power button on the actual unit can turn it back on

And since the ATV 582 does not have a power button, we will have a ton of complaints about this feature. This is because both units share the same firmware.

You don't need a full power off. What you need is for the box to reboot when the power button is press from standby mode. That will achieve the same result.