Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksmitty

Justin, a status update please

I was away from the forum for a week and I see there is an OTA update that some are saying works great and others are saying it has problems. Is this the big update you said was coming Justin? I think you said it would have "something everyone wants" - is this it? If so, is there a change log to see what's been fixed and supposed to now work? Is there a specific feedback thread that can track its performance? Right now it seems there are posts all over different threads and not consolidated into one spot. This makes if very difficult to learn and to track what's working and what's not and to problem solve. I am not going to accept the update until I know more. Any assistance in pointing to where we can read all about the latest update would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last feb update got my device factory reset.

By the time I had all my stuff back and running (reinstalling every thing) I decided today to go for that OTA.

!#@$!@#$ Failed to install, factory reset AGAIN and now I can't no longer log into Google Play. Keep having a "there's has been a problem, try again later"

That 1900AC is driving me nuts.

I was away from the forum for a week and I see there is an OTA update that some are saying works great and others are saying it has problems. Is this the big update you said was coming Justin? I think you said it would have "something everyone wants" - is this it? If so, is there a change log to see what's been fixed and supposed to now work? Is there a specific feedback thread that can track its performance? Right now it seems there are posts all over different threads and not consolidated into one spot. This makes if very difficult to learn and to track what's working and what's not and to problem solve. I am not going to accept the update until I know more. Any assistance in pointing to where we can read all about the latest update would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks!

This OTA update is just a new 5.0 firmware update, and then a patch file to follow which fixes the Google play store login issue

5.1 update I asked about last night and I was told their are bugs still with Wifi/Ethernet and they hope to fix this week.

It should still have the added feature I mentioned before.

This is taking longer then expected, mainly because we want to release something that fixes a lot of bugs and is working properly.

Fair enough...thanks for the latest news. I think I'll sit tight and not accept the OTA update and wait for this latest FW to be released. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer :) but willing to wait if it finally means a stable platform.

Best of luck to the coding team!

Thanks!

This OTA update is just a new 5.0 firmware update, and then a patch file to follow which fixes the Google play store login issue

5.1 update I asked about last night and I was told their are bugs still with Wifi/Ethernet and they hope to fix this week.

It should still have the added feature I mentioned before.

This is taking longer then expected, mainly because we want to release something that fixes a lot of bugs and is working properly.

This was over 2 weeks ago is 5.1 android any closer ?? Can you update us on this.

Yes I have a working 5.1 Unit here right now.

It was mailed to me a week ago, since it came with Widevine DRM burned into it.

I am not sure why they made Widevine Firmware first, since this cannot be used by everyone only boxes with the Widevine keys burned into them at the factory side which right now this has never been done before.

So they said they will give me same 5.1 update without Widevine DRM either this week or early next week.

I will post it for everyone to try as a Beta once I have it, since everyone has been waiting patiently.