Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyrule

Openelec on 1800e, how do i make a few changes?

So i installed the latest openelec beta for the mygica 1800e.

Most things work as expected, except a few basic item:

1) "back" button on the remote either doesnt work at all, or jumps back to the home screen, instead of back one menu item.

2) i cannot seem to configure my time/date using a local timeserver. It also seems to be stuck in GMT timezone, and i do not see a way to configure this.

Is there any way to fix these either via interface, or ssh?

So i installed the latest openelec beta for the mygica 1800e.

Most things work as expected, except a few basic item:

1) "back" button on the remote either doesnt work at all, or jumps back to the home screen, instead of back one menu item.

2) i cannot seem to configure my time/date using a local timeserver. It also seems to be stuck in GMT timezone, and i do not see a way to configure this.

Is there any way to fix these either via interface, or ssh?

1. Which remote control are you using? So i can try here and see if I get same results

2. I think GMT timezone is standard setting for KODI. You want to be able to manually setup your time?

After looking it up this morning, its the KR40 Remote that I have.

As for timezone, no i would prefer to use my local ntp server, but most ntp clients need to know its tz to properly adjust its time to the correct location.

It is currently getting a time, except that its 5 hours off of my actual local time (I'm EST, which is GMT-5). It doesn't affect overall use of the device, but my wife and I like to use the start/end time of a video to judge timing, so we can plan out chores around show times.

After looking it up this morning, its the KR40 Remote that I have.

As for timezone, no i would prefer to use my local ntp server, but most ntp clients need to know its tz to properly adjust its time to the correct location.

It is currently getting a time, except that its 5 hours off of my actual local time (I'm EST, which is GMT-5). It doesn't affect overall use of the device, but my wife and I like to use the start/end time of a video to judge timing, so we can plan out chores around show times.

Tried KR40 here and back button works fine for me

As for timezone, you cannot just change the timezone to -5:00 or -4:00. If not choosing New York should work as well, since this is the same timezone.

Ok... except in the OpenElec, I cannot find WHERE to change it....

I haven't tried this myself yet as I am on my phone.

But this short video should explain it

3hMjmA9s_XQ