Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdetlor

problems communicating with google servers

I am too.

I just installed the latest update (feb 29) and I still can't sign in to my google account.

This makes it impossible to update Kodi or any other apps.

I'd really like to figure this out as the box is useless to me if I can't log in to the google app store.

Same problem here, have also tried updating the google services apk, no luck.

If you log into your account via a web browser it detects the Gica box accessing your account.

however unable to proceed any further after adding in your email address and password keeps failing with the error

problems communicating with google servers

There is firmware update to follow this

That update was just to switch to our new server

Please wait for the new firmware file then try again

Thanks Justin.

Will this be an OTA update?

Any idea when it will be ready? I have a box that I am programming for someone, just need to give him an ETA.

Thanks Justin.

Will this be an OTA update?

Any idea when it will be ready? I have a box that I am programming for someone, just need to give him an ETA.

I get same issue you guys are saying when trying to login

I will get this fixed asap.

Yes it will be fixed via OTA update, it will be mentioned as a change when ready.

I will have an answer tomorrow or Wed in terms of the timeline.

Will push to have it fixed this week though

Just wondering

I got same issue after both updates

But I wanted to know how long it took you guys to download and install the 2nd update?

Just for my reference, since it is a new server

Let me know

Thanks

Justn

Tough to say how long it took to download as it started to download automatically and its hard to compare it with how long it used to take.

I know its only been a day but any news on a fix for not being able to log in to google?

The second update didn't fix the problem.

I'm having the same problem here.

No amount of resetting or anything will clear this problem.

Something is broken on Google's side. Good luck with getting ahold of anyone on their side to fix it.

Brand new unit I was setting up for someone. Boy were they angry.

Perhaps uninstalling all Google Services and installing F-Droid might be in order.

Although, it appears Kodi isn't in the F-Droid repos. Not sure why??

paid $280 for unit and remote. this has been the worst update process in my life. it breaks the unit EVERY time there is an update. you should fire whoever is doing QA!!!!! honestly, how can you look at anyone here and say you are a real company when you cant roll out a single update without an issue? EVERY updates hangs and then reinstalls everything. the latest one killed the link to google services.

its not cool that we get no support, no updates and no ETA. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

My box was working fine and it came up with an update screen yesterday. I noticed that is said fix wifi and other items so I clicked continue. The update hung and I had to download a Factory image file and load it thru the SD card slot just to get it going. Now it wants to do the same update all over again and my android box can not talk to google servers. I use a different android launcher screen as the stock one is horrible So I can't even get to the play store it set my Android box up how I want it. Its frustrating I purchased this box around Christmas and it was not cheap but looked like it was fast and had all sorts of features. Every update it locks up or the update breaks something. MyGica needs to have a stable 5.1 update soon and I hope it fixes the issues. I want to get a second android tv box however I have not purchased anything yet. If MyGica can fix their products Soon I may decide to get a box with a tuner built in. FIX THE PROBLEM !!

My box did the first update then froze on the second. I was left with a dead Android icon on the screen. I've factory reset and updated the firmware with the most recent posted in this forum. Updated both updates again. As the rest I am also getting "There is a problem communicating with google server" and can not use playstore. I spent hours resetting and trying different things until I finally came across these forum posts. I was supposed to deploy multiple boxes but now I can't. Can you give us a timeline for a fix?

Happened to me to and had to redo everything but you will only get pissed waiting for answers here. Seriously.... kavkaz you are right every update screws up your box. It's hit the menu button 3 times, 5 times, 10 times to see the file just to download it. Why do we have to jump through hoops just to download files period and to boot, files that are worse than the last ones even if they take. Since I'm not liked by certain people here because I voice my opinion this post might help in getting a reply sooner than later but no guarantees.

Sorry it seems this issue has been posted in so many different threads

I acknowledged it a few days ago on other threads

We got this patch to fix this

It will be sent out as OTA update straight to the box within the next day or so

If you cannot wait, you can download it from here and install it manually

Patch download:

https://mega.nz/#!zB0xWY6C!TanvI4-tnvAl08ZzH-wRRvJvGJF2F4IWkeNwTXf9ct0

paid $280 for unit and remote. this has been the worst update process in my life. it breaks the unit EVERY time there is an update. you should fire whoever is doing QA!!!!! honestly, how can you look at anyone here and say you are a real company when you cant roll out a single update without an issue? EVERY updates hangs and then reinstalls everything. the latest one killed the link to google services.

its not cool that we get no support, no updates and no ETA. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

We switched servers last week

And I have updated over 40 boxes in our office using this new server without any issues of freezing up/killing etc

I did this on a mixture of Wifi and Ethernet.

We switched servers due to issues like your describing.

I just posted patch to fix google play issues as well, above this post

It will be sent as OTA within the next day or so if you want to wait, or you can download and install manually.

Happened to me to and had to redo everything but you will only get pissed waiting for answers here. Seriously.... kavkaz you are right every update screws up your box. It's hit the menu button 3 times, 5 times, 10 times to see the file just to download it. Why do we have to jump through hoops just to download files period and to boot, files that are worse than the last ones even if they take. Since I'm not liked by certain people here because I voice my opinion this post might help in getting a reply sooner than later but no guarantees.

Every update screws up the box?

Were on a new server now, and as I posted above this one. I have personally updated over 40 boxes in our office from this server this week alone without any issues.

And hitting menu button 3-10 times?

Are you referring to manually updating? Or taking update over the internet directly onto the box?

Were on a new server now, and as I posted above this one. I have personally updated over 40 boxes in our office from this server this week alone without any issues.

Are you referring to manually updating? Or taking update over the internet directly onto the box?

Manually

Patch download:

How large should the IMG file be? When I go to the download site it shows as it being just over 3mb. When I download it the saved file is only 524kb.

I don't want to try installing it before I know it downloaded correctly.

Thanks

Patch download:

How large should the IMG file be? When I go to the download site it shows as it being just over 3mb. When I download it the saved file is only 524kb.

I don't want to try installing it before I know it downloaded correctly.

Thanks

I downloaded it just now, it fully downloaded at 3.6MB

We put this patch file on our servers last night, so it should be able to be download directly to the box now as well.

Manually

This happens sometimes if the file your trying to load is older then the one that is currently installed on the box.

Or it is a patch file.

So its required to hit the context menu button 10+ times to make it appear.

If you load the file through recovery mode, it will show up every time