Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdetlor

problems communicating with google servers

I'm am not having the problem with Google Play Store like others have so I will not try the patch as the anger has started with this last patch not working on some boxes. Where is this coding coming from? There doesn't seem to be anything that works properly on this box.

I'm am not having the problem with Google Play Store like others have so I will not try the patch as the anger has started with this last patch not working on some boxes. Where is this coding coming from? There doesn't seem to be anything that works properly on this box.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT INSTALL THAT STUPID OTA/PATCH IF YOUR BOX RUNS PROPERLY.

The PATCH has another interface to provide Google username and passwords. Which I find strange.

Are we providing our credentials directly to Google or it passes thru one of your servers before?

Because it looks like we are hopping via multiple servers.

Feels like there is a man in the middle. I don't like providing credentials when they are untrusted entities grabbing the information while submitted.

The PATCH has another interface to provide Google username and passwords. Which I find strange.

Are we providing our credentials directly to Google or it passes thru one of your servers before?

Feels like there is a man in the middle. I don't like providing credentials when they are untrusted entities grabbing the information while submitted.

We do not have any servers setup to collect data of any kind.

So when you are logging into the Play Store it is just passing through information through Googles Servers.

So when you are logging into the Play Store it is just passing through information through Googles Servers.

The login screen you are seeing is not a man in the middle attack. Google is enhancing security by allowing use of 2-Step verification and thus is changing the means of logging in to your account to allow for that. Logging in is no longer a device interface but a dynamic google interface.

Stronger security for your Google Account

If you enable 2-Step verification and you have the "Google Authenticator" app installed on your phone it greatly reduces the chances of getting your account hacked. Google Authenticator works for over 100 different websites too!

And if you want to disable access to any given Android device that is authenticated under your account you can go here Android Device Manager. (Also helps you find your phone haha).

The login screen you are seeing is not a man in the middle attack. Google is enhancing security by allowing use of 2-Step verification and thus is changing the means of logging in to your account to allow for that. Logging in is no longer a device interface but a dynamic google interface.

If you enable 2-Step verification and you have the "Google Authenticator" app installed on your phone it greatly reduces the chances of getting your account hacked. Google Authenticator works for over 100 different websites too!

And if you want to disable access to any given Android device that is authenticated under your account you can go here Android Device Manager. (Also helps you find your phone haha).

Thanks for sharing.

I know what Google 2step is.

The 1900AC patch changed how the box is interfacing with Google. I don't think it has anything to do with 2step.

Google is beginning to be excruciatingly intrusive pretending to be on behalf of better security. This is a totally different matter and here is not the place to complain about it.

The 1900AC patch changed how the box is interfacing with Google. I don't think it has anything to do with 2step.

Google is beginning to be excruciatingly intrusive pretending to be on behalf of better security. This is a totally different matter and here is not the place to complain about it.

Then they must have just changed the look of the interface.

Which is a normal thing to do for companies

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we are not recording any of the data being sent.

This is just a new looking login screen from Google.

As an experiment I'm going to try and completely remove google from my MyGica box to see what it looks like.

Just using F-Droid as a software repo.

If you don't like Google. Fire them!