Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graeme604

XBMC Cropping Issues

I am also having issues with picture cropping. 13.0 and 13.1 (official XBMC). I have done all the updates from this forum successfully. When I installed the MyGica firmware (including 13.0), I had no cropping, which was GREAT, But the MyGica XBMC version failed all "video add-on" plug ins. I received a script error each time. My main purpose for purchasing the ATV582 was to use it for a smooth Plexmbc experience, along with Android on my TV as a bonus.

I also tried 12.3 and the cropping issues remained. All this with complete factory resets ... and full firmware re-installs

Would welcome any suggestions on how to eliminate cropping problem, that others are also experiencing and run Plexmbc successfully. I am trying to use the current plexmbc version (3.4.5)

Thanks in advance

Gotham 13.2 was released recently. Doesn't contain any new features but it is supposed to fix a number of issues so it might be worth a download.

I'm running it now and it seems to be working smoothly.

Not sure if this is a crop issue or another video problem. I've recently updated the firmware, which included Andriod 4.4.2 and Gotham 13.2.

Since then some settings in XBMC have changed with the following effects.

Some of the live stream and mediatek, i.e. Aljazera, RT, Discovery, etc. play audio, but the screen stays predominantly black. I say predominantly, as there is a think line at the top of the TV where video is playing, but it's too thin to make out what it is. Any ideas? I've already done the disable of hardware accelerators, reset defaults. The only thing I have not done is uninstall XBMC.

I should probably mention that I have XBMC Hub added from Fusion.

Not sure if this is a crop issue or another video problem. I've recently updated the firmware, which included Andriod 4.4.2 and Gotham 13.2.

Since then some settings in XBMC have changed with the following effects.

Some of the live stream and mediatek, i.e. Aljazera, RT, Discovery, etc. play audio, but the screen stays predominantly black. I say predominantly, as there is a think line at the top of the TV where video is playing, but it's too thin to make out what it is. Any ideas? I've already done the disable of hardware accelerators, reset defaults. The only thing I have not done is uninstall XBMC.

I should probably mention that I have XBMC Hub added from Fusion.

We have pushed an OTA update yesterday, which should fix XBMC issues people were having, however our Mygica edition is built on XBMC 13.1, so not sure how you are using 13.2 unless you uninstalled the Mygica edition and re installed XBMC 13.2 from xbmc.org manually.

I would suggest taking the update, as it will install over what you are currently using, and then start over with the setup of all your add ons.