Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VE3TMT

How do I update XBMC?

Hi,

Just purchased my ATV520E yesterday and all is up and running. I notice the XBMC version is 12.1 "FRODO"

How do I upgrade it to Gotham 13.1?

Thanks for the great product. I also own a couple of WDTV Live boxes and this one blows them out of the water!

Hi,

Just purchased my ATV520E yesterday and all is up and running. I notice the XBMC version is 12.1 "FRODO"

How do I upgrade it to Gotham 13.1?

Thanks for the great product. I also own a couple of WDTV Live boxes and this one blows them out of the water!

I would suggest updating to Android 4.2 first before upgrading to XBMC 13.1 Gotham, as Gotham works good on 4.2

Can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1666

Once updated, you will have to uninstall the current version of XBMC 12.2 Frodo, and then install XBMC Gotham 13.1 ARM Edition, which can be found here http://xbmc.org/download/

If you need instructions on how to uninstall and re install apps, let me know

Thanks

Hello,

First of all, thank you in advance for the support and great work you guys do.

I have just upgraded my box, need more info as to how to upgrade the Xbmc to the latest stable release.

1. How do I uninstall xbmc from my device?

2. On the xbmc website which software do I download under android: ARM or 86? Sorry I am new to this.

3. How do I install the xbmc on the device?

Thank you

Hello,

First of all, thank you in advance for the support and great work you guys do.

I have just upgraded my box, need more info as to how to upgrade the Xbmc to the latest stable release.

1. How do I uninstall xbmc from my device?

2. On the xbmc website which software do I download under android: ARM or 86? Sorry I am new to this.

3. How do I install the xbmc on the device?

Thank you

Hi

Follow these steps

I would suggest updating to Android 4.2 first before upgrading to XBMC 13.1 Gotham, as Gotham works good on 4.2

Can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1666

Once upgraded to 4.2, Follow the link below on how to install XBMC Gotham. Make sure you install the ARM version.

To install it you can find the instructions here

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HO ... or_Android

You will have to follow step #6 first. And then follow steps #2-5, as #1 has already been done for you.