Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousihanr

Audio goes Mute playing AAC 5.1 streams

Hi I am trying to figure whats happening with MyGica Audio settings.

I have Samsung 65(UN65JU7700 Series) Inch Curved 4K 3D Tv connected to Yamaha Aventage A-3050 latest - with Klipsch Speakers(5.1).

In kodi 16.1 Ver its shows audio as greyed-out, "android, audiotrack" in system > audio output settings

I have ARC HDMI setup between my Samsung Tv & Yamaha Receiver. I have directly connected Mygica 1800E to Yamaha receiver through HDMI.

I have the latest version installed in Mygica 1800 E with my Kodi 16.1 Jarvis version.

I have issues playing AAC 5.1 audio in Kodi streams. The sound goes mute and i have to force restart to enable my Audio in Kodi. If i toggle to TV where I can hear sound in receiver.

I am confused which is making the Android box to mute the audio output. What has to be done to rectify this issue? Its annoying not to hear 5.1 Audio. If the Audio streams are 2.0 and i dont have this mute issues. .

Please help guys to mitigate this issue

through HDMI, it should work if your video is 5.1, unless your streaming that is not same thing we can say that would work. if you are playing your video via USB 2.0 and your video is 5.1 then yes you will get your audio out as 5.1 no problems,

two places to check make sure your settings did not change

1. Android Settings

2. Kodi settings

if your kodi settings are disabled then that means you are streaming of internet. You can not control if the 3rd party add-ons settings.

if i am missing something please, full fill info we could get proper clarify info

Thanks for the response. I am not using USB anywhere in the streaming.

I was able to resolve the setting. I changed the audio from 5.1 to 2.0 in Kodi Audio setting. This setting has to be enabled only when we are using analog connection, since using HDMI and Passthrough these changes arent required.

Now i am able hear the audio without issues. :-)

But i have a question though why does the "In kodi 16.1 Ver its shows audio as greyed-out, "android, audiotrack" in system > audio output settings"

Thanks for the response. I am not using USB anywhere in the streaming.

I was able to resolve the setting. I changed the audio from 5.1 to 2.0 in Kodi Audio setting. This setting has to be enabled only when we are using analog connection, since using HDMI and Passthrough these changes arent required.

Now i am able hear the audio without issues. :-)

But i have a question though why does the "In kodi 16.1 Ver its shows audio as greyed-out, "android, audiotrack" in system > audio output settings"

Good to hear you got it working

To answer your question on the greyed out part. This app was developed and created by Team Kodi from http://kodi.tv

So this must be something that they implemented into KODI.

I get the exact same thing when trying Kodi on my phone.

I think you would get a more clear answer if you posted that question on their forum.