Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jml

Netflix in ATV585

Hi. I bought this device (ATV585) a few days ago. I'm having problems with the Netflix app. The video seems to be often desynchronized with the audio. There is a lot of frames dropped and affects the fluidity of the video. I don't understand why. It happens with content that is available in Full HD, and content that is only available in SD. I have a good Internet connection and I can watch Netflix perfectly fine in my PC, Laptop and Cellphone.

KODI, VLC, Youtube and video on Chrome works just fine, it's only the Netflix app. I think that maybe the app doesn't use the hardware decoding capabilities, it use software decoding instead that's why the results. Any thoughts about this?

I'm using the last Netflix app available in the Play Store, and the last firmware available for the ATV585. [Android version: 4.4.2 / Uboot version: ad3b84b(20150513.153356) / Kernel version: 3.10.33 xsj@ubt124 ad90a98(20151026.144343) / Build number: V002M8B01_20160303]

Thank you.

Hi. I bought this device (ATV585) a few days ago. I'm having problems with the Netflix app. The video seems to be often desynchronized with the audio. There is a lot of frames dropped and affects the fluidity of the video. I don't understand why. It happens with content that is available in Full HD, and content that is only available in SD. I have a good Internet connection and I can watch Netflix perfectly fine in my PC, Laptop and Cellphone.

KODI, VLC, Youtube and video on Chrome works just fine, it's only the Netflix app. I think that maybe the app doesn't use the hardware decoding capabilities, it use software decoding instead that's why the results. Any thoughts about this?

I'm using the last Netflix app available in the Play Store, and the last firmware available for the ATV585. [Android version: 4.4.2 / Uboot version: ad3b84b(20150513.153356) / Kernel version: 3.10.33 xsj@ubt124 ad90a98(20151026.144343) / Build number: V002M8B01_20160303]

Thank you.

Just want to make sure

You are using this version of the Netflix app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ient&hl=en

They recently changed the logo of it.

Yes. That's right. The version installed is 4.7.0 (Build 7941) and has this new icon.

This will delete everything on your box

But are you able to try a factory reset?

I've already done that multiple times, trying different things. It worked when I enabled ART instead of Dalvik, but then it crashes other apps like Play Store.

It seems the problem only happens when I enable subtitles. And since english is not my native language, most shows I have to watch with subs.

I'm using this box with and old TV without HDMI so I connected with the AV cable with a 480 output. But according to AIDA64 and TeamViewer Host the resolution is 1080p. Is there anyway I can change the resolution to 720p?. Maybe that would change the perfomance.

I've already done that multiple times, trying different things. It worked when I enabled ART instead of Dalvik, but then it crashes other apps like Play Store.

It seems the problem only happens when I enable subtitles. And since english is not my native language, most shows I have to watch with subs.

I'm using this box with and old TV without HDMI so I connected with the AV cable with a 480 output. But according to AIDA64 and TeamViewer Host the resolution is 1080p. Is there anyway I can change the resolution to 720p?. Maybe that would change the perfomance.

The entire firmware is built on 1080P, so when you switch it to 720P or 480P it is just scaling the resolution down.

It seems like there is an issue with Netflix running through the RCA cable then,

Are you able to try it on a TV with HDMI to see if you have the same issue?