Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plaz

Slow wifi Atv582

I have a mygica atv582 i am currently having issues streaming movies and tv shows. I am connected with wifi, i performed a speed test with the ookla speed test app, download speed is at 0.37Mbps and upload speed is 5.97Mbps which are very slow. I tested the Internet wifi spped on my phone and laptop both were between 10-15Mbps. I have updated the firmware to the latest version mygica update S802 4.4 20160323 and i have the latest version of kodi installed 16.1. i have tried numerous factory resets and cache cleaning always with the same slow wifi result. The problem is not with my router or wifi or internet connection because i have another brand android tv box a pivos and i have no issues with streaming videos and my laptop streams videos on kodi without issue. Is there known hardware or software issue? ive have the box for about 6 months and these issues started about 2 months ago. I am very unhappy as the box is pretty much useless at this point, no streams ever load or when they do they freeze and buffer constantly, these are low quality streams also.

I have a mygica atv582 i am currently having issues streaming movies and tv shows. I am connected with wifi, i performed a speed test with the ookla speed test app, download speed is at 0.37Mbps and upload speed is 5.97Mbps which are very slow. I tested the Internet wifi spped on my phone and laptop both were between 10-15Mbps. I have updated the firmware to the latest version mygica update S802 4.4 20160323 and i have the latest version of kodi installed 16.1. i have tried numerous factory resets and cache cleaning always with the same slow wifi result. The problem is not with my router or wifi or internet connection because i have another brand android tv box a pivos and i have no issues with streaming videos and my laptop streams videos on kodi without issue. Is there known hardware or software issue? ive have the box for about 6 months and these issues started about 2 months ago. I am very unhappy as the box is pretty much useless at this point, no streams ever load or when they do they freeze and buffer constantly, these are low quality streams also.

Have you tried holding down the 3 lined menu button on the remote to activate the Rocket ship which clears up your memory?

Do this before you try and speed test, then see what you speed test results are.

After pressing the three lines and the rocket ship appeared speed test results were, 0.44Mbps download, still the same issue. Any other suggestions?

*** Forbidden. Please submit form again. ***

After pressing the three lines and the rocket ship appeared speed test results were, 0.44Mbps download, still the same issue. Any other suggestions?

*** Forbidden. Please submit form again. ***

Able to try switching the Wifi channel on your router?

I have had the same issues for about a year. It's a hit and miss with the WiFi. Some days it works the way it should, most days it's completely useless. The ethernet works just fine. I connected my Ubiquity AP to get wireless and it works flawlessly this way. The fact that I have to connect another piece of hardware to get this box to function is absolutely ludicrous. I will never buy another MyGica product or recommend it to anyone I know. If you can still return your product, I recommend do that a.s.a.p.

I tried switching channels, updated router firmware, performed another factory reset, still super slow wifi. This will be the first and last mygica product i own. Any other suggestions?

I tried switching channels, updated router firmware, performed another factory reset, still super slow wifi. This will be the first and last mygica product i own. Any other suggestions?

Sounds like it must be a hardware issue then if you have tried all of that.

We can replace it if still under warranty.

Let me know if you would like to do this.

Yes if thats the last resort. How do I go about doing this i bought it in December of 2015.

Please go to http://mygica.tv/help

To start an RMA Ticket

You can post your RMA Ticket # here, I will respond back quickly so we can take care of this right away for you.

Justin,

My RMA ticket number is 165530.

Thanks for your help.

I see the shipping instructions were given today.

So I have to wait till we receive the unit first.