Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mam125

Cannot find storage device

When I try to record, I get the message "Cannot find storage device"

There is a hard drive plugged into the USB slot, I have been recording on it for many months, it is not full, I can play files already recorded on the hard drive, I can delete filed already recorded on the hard drive. But when I try to record, it says "Cannot find storage device"

I have tried unplugging and plugging the hard drive back in, un-mounting and re-mounting, turning the ATV586 off and on, unplugging and plugging in the ATV586.

Any ideas?

When I try to record, I get the message "Cannot find storage device"

There is a hard drive plugged into the USB slot, I have been recording on it for many months, it is not full, I can play files already recorded on the hard drive, I can delete filed already recorded on the hard drive. But when I try to record, it says "Cannot find storage device"

I have tried unplugging and plugging the hard drive back in, un-mounting and re-mounting, turning the ATV586 off and on, unplugging and plugging in the ATV586.

Any ideas?

OTA channels use a lot of bandwidth to record about 10mbps

Just throwing it out there, but maybe the hard drive is full?

If not have you tried both USB ports on the box?

Also maybe the storage setting within DTV player changed, make sure it is set to your hard drive.

Recording seems to work now, after unplugging and plugging in the USB hard drive several times.

The hard drive is not full. DTV "PVR Configure" screen shows available 490G, out of total 931G

It showed this when recording was not working, so that shows that DTV could seen the hard drive, and could see that it had available space, it just didn't want to record to the drive.

I might try a chdisk on the hard drive. There are some recorded files that won't delete, using DTV or KODI. Maybe it's a disk problem, or somehow the files got corrupted.

Another thought, I had renamed some of the recorded files in the folder TVRecordFiles (giving them names instead of the string of numbers DTV gives them) and I had copied some files from my computer into TVRecordFiles. Recording started working again after I deleted or moved all of the renamed and copied files. Any chance that DTV got confused by files not named with its string of numbers?

I will try some experiments with file names and copied files.

MAM