Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aespel2016

MyGica 582 bricked, unabl to load new system via recovery

I recently purchased a MyGica 582 and have been enjoying it inmensely, replacing my older PBO which still works perfectly.

I realised onboard firmware was Dec 2015 and decided to upgrade to the most recent March 2016, big mistake retrospectively. I updated from inside the system, selected the image file etc...., system rebooted to eventually complete the upgrade, green robot and progress bar, but it stopped almost at the end and stood there for a very long time. Eventually I pulled the plug and connected again, only to be taken to recovery. To cut a very long, day long, story short , I have tried everything I possibly could, got the factory release files from onedrive, also tried the ones from the1800E, even the android 5.01 beta img file and even tried with openelec, in the hopes it would delete whatever android problem and give me a clean base to start from.

All attempts were not successful. Basically after inserting pin in reset button, and waiting for LEDs to flash, system will seemingly start to boot (robot and progress bar) and at some point stop and take me to recovery, where I am going to be greeted with error messages of the different partitions that cannot be mounted, wrong footer error, bad bootloader command (or argument) unable to check for whole file signature etc....

the 582 holds a lot of promise, although I found a bit disappointing that it did not have a direct SPDIF or optical connector. Still im working my way around that and holds some advantages compared to my previous streamer. However, now I am really frustrated that the official update seemingly failed and has almost totally bricked the entire system, I am saying "almost as I can still get recovery". Where there is life, there is hope, but I am running out of things to try.

Please help ??

Thank you in advance

Alberto

update:

Voddoo!; after all the attempts previously described all day long. I tried once more (March 2016 restore fles). It suddenly works.

Weird, but hey, Im not complaining ! :-)

I'm sitting in the same position on my 1900ac in recovery mode although I'm not quite sure how to flash it from here. Looking for videos on line but not much luck for videos showing from recovery

Good to hear both of you got your units working.

If you have any other questions or problems you run into, just let me know

Thanks