Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RemiTurcotte

Help! Can install app but not uninstall them?

Hi all ( first post + new owner of a 586 unit )

First, let me thank you for creating devices like the 586, its awesome.

Now,

I understand that not every app could be uninstalled ( like preloaded app, like facebook, even if it irritates me, i get it )

BUT

I'm quite lost here as I installed a few apps from the google store, and cant seem to be able to uninstall any of theses!

When I click uninstall, either from the google store uninstall or "Mygica all apps" an MBOX logo appears and the app isnt uninstalled...

What am I missing here?

Is it expected that I just fill the available space and reset factory to star over the day I'm out of space ?

Hope there's something I'm missing here !

I've perused in the forum, checked the manual, nobody mentions this issue...

Please heEEeeelp ?

Thanks ! ( again, great device! )

Hi all ( first post + new owner of a 586 unit )

First, let me thank you for creating devices like the 586, its awesome.

Now,

I understand that not every app could be uninstalled ( like preloaded app, like facebook, even if it irritates me, i get it )

BUT

I'm quite lost here as I installed a few apps from the google store, and cant seem to be able to uninstall any of theses!

When I click uninstall, either from the google store uninstall or "Mygica all apps" an MBOX logo appears and the app isnt uninstalled...

What am I missing here?

Is it expected that I just fill the available space and reset factory to star over the day I'm out of space ?

Hope there's something I'm missing here !

I've perused in the forum, checked the manual, nobody mentions this issue...

Please heEEeeelp ?

Thanks ! ( again, great device! )

This is for every app you install?

Or only a few?

If only a few, let me know which ones and I will try them here.

This is a first I am hearing of this, except for the pre installed apps that come with the box.

Hi Justin !

Sadly no, I've tried a few app I know of (for example "tinycam monitor" wich was not included in the 586 ) and I cannot uninstall...

1. Installed the app i know of through google play, on I use on other device (tiny

2. tried to uninstall it through google play, after clicking uninstall MBOX doesnt make my life colorful for a while, then the app is still there.

3. tried to uninstall it to mygica advanced app dialog ( you know, android) afterclicking uninstall MBOX doesnt make my life colorful for a while, then the app is still there.

I obviously need to be able to uninstall apps, right ?

(Thanks for the quick reply by the way)

;)

I'm reading lots of issues and headaches through the forum about that MBOX...

CEC power off feature doesnt work either with my samsung tv.

OK, dont nother replying,

I've looked at the forum and just like most other android related devices since 2015, you guys develop thoses thing halfassed and dont bother with real quality control tests, and ship em half working, and the firmwares/updates break as much features as it fixes any, so I've deactivated automatic updates options...

but dont get insulted, I get it.

Ill be happy with this 586 unit for its lifetime, just as Ive found the way to be happy with my WDTV device:

I'll just use what works, and put liquid paper on the buttons that arent working.

;)

Guess weve fully entered the age where you ahop for a car, buy it, start drivin, and realise you have to pay to get the radio, sign-in to brake, and when you update the firmware to get the wipers workin, the hotn goes silent and your remote key doesnt work anymore.

Ironically, Good day to you Justin.

If the horn doesn't work and the speedometer is broken on your new car with the 1 year replacement warranty, why not (instead of complaining that the help desk doesn't work on Saturdays) simply return it for your money back?

I've had WD boxes, a pbo core, pivos's, various mygicas, himedias etc and the Mygica brand is better than most.

No way I'm returning this new car, you missed my point : I totally agree, what my new 586 does "more and faster" than my old WD it indeed does.

My initial was about asking help to get all that I was promissed upon payment and payed for.

Something I decided I'm not doing anymore from now on. It only leads to frustration, haunting quests for firmwares, often more critical problems than you started with, product returns bringing you back to the start, where you had a need and no viable solution.

Justin not working on weekend is quite SO excellent, he needs it too, I dont think that Monday will change anything to what I wrote.

I 'm saying f*** this shit, thanks for all the fish, i'll ignore whats broken, and be HAPPY with all my half working goods spreaded throughout my house.

I'm saying post purchases firmwares updates and returns are a thing of the past. get with 2016, if its half broke (as its all often is) dont fix it. well. keep trying of it amuses you. I spent years doing that as hobby, and liked it, i know, its like effing around your dads old car engine in the garage... i'm done & gone enjoying what works, and ignoring what doesnt...

Again, what works in the mygica 586 i find awesum! Many thanks for that!

;)

I haven't been able to try the uninstall issue you are having yet.

Will get to it today.

Sorry if this has caused you any frustration.

May I know which Firmware build you are running?

When you first setup the box did you take the 2 firmware updates that are available for the 586?

I tried installing the following apps twice due to uninstalling them 2 different ways. Once through the Google Play Store, and second through the Native Android Settings menu.

1. Tiny Cam

2. Opera Browser

3. VLC Direct

4. Flipps

5. HD Video Player

I opened all of them without issue. Went back to the Play Store and uninstalled them without issue as well.

I repeated installing them, opening them and then uninstalling them through the Native Android Settings menu without issue.

I am running the latest Firmware update of 05/19/2016 for the 586.

I tried the same steps above again on 3 more units, and got the same result above on the 3 units so 4 in total.

Make sure you are running the latest firmware update, and then try this again.

If not I can supply some factory restore files which will wipe your box and install the latest firmware onto it.

Hi Justin,

You must have skipped the additional weekend posts,

During the weekend I've decided to live with the bugs,

use what works happily,

and stop investing time and effort into trying to get broken features working as expected.

Sorry you missed that, and thanks for the efforts, you're clearly doing your best,

About the 2 last posts you sent on the firmwares,

I dunno, If the device was set to automatically get the firmwares you're mentioning they would be in,

and as I typed earlier, I don't feel like doing the firmware dance anymore, It is to me now an never ending source of frustration.

So as I typed on the weekend:

Thanks for tryin, auto-updates turned off, Justin, thanks for the efforts, and thank you mygica for this nice 586 device!

:)

So let me see if I got this straight. You've purchased a "new" 586 that possibly has "not the newest" firmware, the existing firmware obviously has a glitch in it, yet instead of either a) clicking a check box that will update your box (eventually) or; b) downloading it to a stick and pressing "local update" or; c) "driving to the store to exchange the box to get what you were promised and paid for" you say you'll simply "ignore what's broken and live with the half-working devices throughout my house"?

I didn't miss your point since you had two opposing ones. "My box is broke how do I fix it" and "My box is broke because of shoddy Q/C and I'll live with it." I just don't follow your logic and I wouldn't hesitate to actually attempt to fix the box.

Hi Justin,

You must have skipped the additional weekend posts,

During the weekend I've decided to live with the bugs,

use what works happily,

and stop investing time and effort into trying to get broken features working as expected.

Sorry you missed that, and thanks for the efforts, you're clearly doing your best,

About the 2 last posts you sent on the firmwares,

I dunno, If the device was set to automatically get the firmwares you're mentioning they would be in,

and as I typed earlier, I don't feel like doing the firmware dance anymore, It is to me now an never ending source of frustration.

So as I typed on the weekend:

Thanks for tryin, auto-updates turned off, Justin, thanks for the efforts, and thank you mygica for this nice 586 device!

:)

Ok if this is what you are choosing to do then.

Sorry I cannot change your mind on this.