Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

googi

MyGica 1800e Box turns off randomly

My box randomly turns off when playing videos from sources like youtube. after a minute or two...it'll turn back on and can sit at the main menu for a while, but as soon as I watch something on youtube or kodi it'll turn off again.

it also seems to be overheating as it seems hotter than usual.

What can be done to fix this?

My box randomly turns off when playing videos from sources like youtube. after a minute or two...it'll turn back on and can sit at the main menu for a while, but as soon as I watch something on youtube or kodi it'll turn off again.

Is the box rebooting or just going into standby on its own?

looks like i'll be figuring this out myself! MyGICA brags about their customer service, but all I've seen is one guy try to answer people's questions on a forum, which is not very useful.

I'll post back just incase I figure it out and people get the same issue. maybe I'LL be the one that finally helps some people

looks like i'll be figuring this out myself! MyGICA brags about their customer service, but all I've seen is one guy try to answer people's questions on a forum, which is not very useful.

I'll post back just incase I figure it out and people get the same issue. maybe I'LL be the one that finally helps some people

This sounds like a hardware issue

Did you purchase it within the last 1 year?

Not doing that, not worth the time or effort.

If anyone comes into this issue, quickly putting on better thermal paste between the GPU and Heatsink (artic silver) seems to have worked.

I'm going to add in a low power fan, maybe tap into the power from the front power button and lights.

Not doing that, not worth the time or effort.

If anyone comes into this issue, quickly putting on better thermal paste between the GPU and Heatsink (artic silver) seems to have worked.

I'm going to add in a low power fan, maybe tap into the power from the front power button and lights.

This is just a patch solution.

It sounds like there is an actual issue with the hardware of the box you have.

Which I why I offered to replaced it under our 1 year warranty.

I know how it goes though, spending weeks getting the RMA, then sending it in, waiting another month and then MAYBE getting it back fixed...I don't care.

There are HUNDREDS of better Android boxes for sale that can actually do what they advertise. I bought one that far exceeds any "MyGica"

I know how it goes though, spending weeks getting the RMA, then sending it in, waiting another month and then MAYBE getting it back fixed...I don't care.

There are HUNDREDS of better Android boxes for sale that can actually do what they advertise. I bought one that far exceeds any "MyGica"

If you live in Canada, generally the turn around time is about 5-12 Business days

Sorry you are not happy with your box.

If you change your mind and want to get it replaced, the offer is still there.

On 8/13/2016 at 7:09 PM, googi said:

Bought the same one December 2016 and its doing the same thing although I don't leave it plugged in long enough to see if it is rebooting. It goes dark so I unplug it and plug it in a few minutes later or next day. Sometimes it stays on long enough for a movie but sometimes not and getting worse.