Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deniseb2

How do I get sound to work?

I have a very good Sony Sound bar (model HTCT380) that I just hooked up to my TV; the sound from my daughter's WiiU is going through it, but it won't work for the myGica! How do I get the sound to work? Help!

I have a very good Sony Sound bar (model HTCT380) that I just hooked up to my TV; the sound from my daughter's WiiU is going through it, but it won't work for the myGica! How do I get the sound to work? Help!

Connected via optical cable?

Somebody, help me PLEASE!!!

Go into settings menu, by clicking on Wifi or Ethernet icon.

Go to advanced

Then Digital Audio Output

Switch it to SPDIF

It should work after this.

After you turn on SPDIF in the Advanced Settings menu.

Is there a red light coming out of the optical port on your 1800e?

Yes there is, but I have the 1800e plugged into my TV with an hdmI cord and the optical cable plugs the soundbar into the TV...

Then there should be no issues with it working

We have tested this at the office.

Do you have multiple devices connected to the sound bar?

If so maybe you have to change inputs or channels on your sound bar?

Kind of like a TV, HDMI 1, HDMI 2 etc....

the only thing connected to the sound bar is the tv; all my devices are connected to the tv...

So the Optical cable from your 1800e is connected to your TV? And then from your TV to your sound bar?

Optical cable sound from the 1800e will only work properly if it is plugged directly into your sound bar.

That is probably why it is not working for you.

so the MyGica only needs to be plugged into the soundbar; not the TV? I won't get any picture then, will I?

From back of 1800E:

1. HDMI Cable to TV For Video/Picture

2. Optical Cable to Sound Bar for Sound

Thanks Justin...looks like I'm off to Best Buy for another HDMI cable.

Cant use the one that came with the 1800?

The HDMI cable didn't work...there are several settings on the soundbar - HDMI1,2,3, TV, Analog and BT. I have the HDMI cable from the 1800E to the HDMI1 plug on the TV and the optical cable from the 1800E to the soundbar;but I can't seem to get any sound on any setting. Which one should I have it set to?

The HDMI cable didn't work...there are several settings on the soundbar - HDMI1,2,3, TV, Analog and BT. I have the HDMI cable from the 1800E to the HDMI1 plug on the TV and the optical cable from the 1800E to the soundbar;but I can't seem to get any sound on any setting. Which one should I have it set to?

If you have it setup this way, you still need to make sure the Advanced settings for Digital Audio Output is set to SPDIF.

So I called Best Buy to speak to a manager - finally someone told me the soundbar has HDMI in and HDMI out and I had the HDMI cord plugged into the wrong thing. I have 150 speed for my internet, but it takes forever to load anything, if IT works at all - how can I get it to load faster?

I can't see if I have sound until I can get the MyGica to load something...

So I called Best Buy to speak to a manager - finally someone told me the soundbar has HDMI in and HDMI out and I had the HDMI cord plugged into the wrong thing. I have 150 speed for my internet, but it takes forever to load anything, if IT works at all - how can I get it to load faster?

I can't see if I have sound until I can get the MyGica to load something...

What apps are you using when trying to load something?