Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonrwebb

1800e bricked after update - permanent black screen

Ran update ATV1800E-20160323 last night. Froze about 2/3 of the way though. Androids little animation stopped spinning. Left unit in that state all last night and all day today. I was forced to unplug. Now all I get is a blank black screen. Pin hole reset does nothing. My Network light flashed intermittently. Status light is solid green. If I hold down the power button, the lights will shut off, but then the power button will not respond to press to turn back on.

TV responds as If there is something plugged in, but nothing shows up. Tried a different brand of TV, same result.

Appears I now have a useless box.

I have the same issue but using the files does not fix problem. Is there any solution other than sending box to Mygica for repair?

There are instructions that go with those files that were not given

You can try this

Download the 1800 Files from the link below

You will need an SD Card to do this

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto our website.

I keep them updated to the latest version available

http://mygica.tv/files

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit

biasbowler, not sure if this will help you, but I unzipped the files to a FAT32 formatted SD card. Inserted into the 1800e. Also I have a used keyboard plugged in. Held in the pin hole reset with a toothpick and plugged the unit in. Still had a black screen. Pressed enter on my keyboard and the Android popped up and my unit was wiped and restored.