Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOTech

AUDIO ISSUE - No TRUE Dolby Digital

Hello,

There appears to be some problem with the Optical Digital SPDIF output on this device. It exhibits the same issue on either the default 4.4.x that it came with and the Android 5.x.x update available here.

I have a computer running Kodi. That system has an audio device that has an optical SPDIF output.

Here's how I've set Kodi for this;

Scrn1.pngfree upload image

So, when Kodi gets a digital stream, it passes that to my home theater. I hear the 'crack' noise that is common to some 5.1/7.1 systems. The receiver automatically switches to Dolby Digital mode accordingly. If the stream is 2.0 it plays that way and upmixes to my other speakers. A 5.1 stream will trigger all 5 speakers appropriately.

With this box, I've set the device settings for SPDIF output. I'm running an optical cable to my receiver. I get basic sound but it never triggers the receiver to switch into Dolby Digital mode. It just stays on whatever default DSP setting on the receiver. I've tried with Passthrough on and off. No difference..

I've also tried HDMI in the device with Passthrough mode in Kodi and Passthrough mode on the TV, then from the TV output to an optical input on the receiver.

Here's how the MyGica is set;

screenshot000.pngfree jpeg images

No matter what, I get basic audio but it never triggers the receiver into true Dolby Digital mode.

Anyone see anything obvious?

Scroll to the top of the settings screen and there is a setting for number of channels. Set it to 2.0 nothing else. Then give it a try. SPDIF only supports 2.0, but with pass-through you will get 5.1.

FBN

Scroll to the top of the settings screen and there is a setting for number of channels. Set it to 2.0 nothing else. Then give it a try. SPDIF only supports 2.0, but with pass-through you will get 5.1.

FBN

Thanks for sharing this.

@TOtech - Let us know if this works for you.

Thank you.

I finally did get it to work as per your instructions BUT I had already tried resetting defaults and setting as you explained several times, along with everything else I tried before coming here.

At least it's working.

Thank you.

I finally did get it to work as per your instructions BUT I had already tried resetting defaults and setting as you explained several times, along with everything else I tried before coming here.

At least it's working.

Ok good to hear

Let me know if you need help with anything else