Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wcs2229

Cannot get Miracast working

I am struggling to get Miracast working on my ATV520E 4.2.2. This is the main reason for buying the box when it was on sale.

I connected to my devices to my home wifi network successfully and activated the preinstalled Miracast app. It shows waiting for a device to connect. I tried the Search function at the top right, but I do not know what it does.

I tried Project -> add wireless display on a Windows 8.1 laptop, but it does not find the ATV520e. I tried Cast Screen (with wireless display) enabled on an Android KitKat 4.4 tablet, but it does not find the ATV520e either.

Please assist on the steps for Miracast. Thanks.

I am struggling to get Miracast working on my ATV520E 4.2.2. This is the main reason for buying the box when it was on sale.

I connected to my devices to my home wifi network successfully and activated the preinstalled Miracast app. It shows waiting for a device to connect. I tried the Search function at the top right, but I do not know what it does.

I tried Project -> add wireless display on a Windows 8.1 laptop, but it does not find the ATV520e. I tried Cast Screen (with wireless display) enabled on an Android KitKat 4.4 tablet, but it does not find the ATV520e either.

Please assist on the steps for Miracast. Thanks.

You have to turn screen mirroring ON, on the device you want to Miracast, and then open up the miracast app on your ATV 520E

Then your device will find the box, select it, and you will be given a message on your TV screen to accept the invitation to connect to your device. Click accept, and it should connect.

Please note, not all devices are compatible, as some only work with the same name brand devices. I know Samsung devices gives a lot of problem when it comes to Miracasting.

Thanks for responding.

As far as I know, under Windows 8.1, Project -> Add wireless display is the procedure for screen mirroring. The HP specs states that my <1-year old laptop is capable of wireless display (otherwise, the Project -> Add wireless display option is not available). Have you tested successfully Windows 8 or 8.1 PC Miracast to the ATV520e?

On my Asus KitKat 4.4 tablet, Cast Screen is the procedure for screen mirroring. This is different from the Screen Mirroring function on my Samsung smartphone, which doesn't work as you indicated.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for responding.

As far as I know, under Windows 8.1, Project -> Add wireless display is the procedure for screen mirroring. The HP specs states that my <1-year old laptop is capable of wireless display (otherwise, the Project -> Add wireless display option is not available). Have you tested successfully Windows 8 or 8.1 PC Miracast to the ATV520e?

On my Asus KitKat 4.4 tablet, Cast Screen is the procedure for screen mirroring. This is different from the Screen Mirroring function on my Samsung smartphone, which doesn't work as you indicated.

Any other ideas?

I have never been able to get Miracasting to work from Windows 8 or 8.1. Only been able to get most Android Phones/Tablets and Blackberry devices.

I mainly wanted to Miracast from Windows 8.1, so it is unfortunate and strange that this does not work on the ATV520e. After all, I believe Miracast originally evolved from the Intel WiDi technology on the Windows platform.

Can this issue to sent to the developers for resolution? Thanks.

I mainly wanted to Miracast from Windows 8.1, so it is unfortunate and strange that this does not work on the ATV520e. After all, I believe Miracast originally evolved from the Intel WiDi technology on the Windows platform.

Can this issue to sent to the developers for resolution? Thanks.

We can try to have them resolve it.

The problem is, Miracast has been adopted by so many other companies and rebranded as if they created it, and mostly make it only work among the same brand of devices.

If your looking for a really good Airplay and Miracast solution from your PC.

Check out this app

http://www.waxrain.com/buy_en.html

They have the Airpin PC sender which is free, but the Airpin Pro app for Android to use it with is about $5USD, but it is certainly worth it, based on everything you can do with it.