Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wcs2229

Navigation Buttons on Remote does not work with Other Launch

I don't like the default MyGica launcher and find it cluttered/limited. I prefer and use Apex Launcher on my other Android devices.

After upgrading to 4.2, I find that the navigation buttons (up, down, left, right) on the remote control do not work most of the time (only sometimes works) with Apex Launcher. The other remote control buttons (volume, back, home, menu, power) all still work, so it is not a problem with batteries or IR. I also tried Trebuchet and Nova launchers with the same behaviour. Navigation seems to work consistently with MyGica and Google launchers.

I have another ATV520e still running 4.1 with Apex Launcher and there is no problem. I also tried different combinations of Keyboard & Input settings, which did not fix it. The 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade was from a clean brand-new box.

I don't like the default MyGica launcher and find it cluttered/limited. I prefer and use Apex Launcher on my other Android devices.

After upgrading to 4.2, I find that the navigation buttons (up, down, left, right) on the remote control do not work most of the time (only sometimes works) with Apex Launcher. The other remote control buttons (volume, back, home, menu, power) all still work, so it is not a problem with batteries or IR. I also tried Trebuchet and Nova launchers with the same behaviour. Navigation seems to work consistently with MyGica and Google launchers.

I have another ATV520e still running 4.1 with Apex Launcher and there is no problem. I also tried different combinations of Keyboard & Input settings, which did not fix it. The 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade was from a clean brand-new box.

I will try these Launchers tomorrow and report my findings

However we have some small OEM customers which use the Nova Launcher on our ATV 1200's using 4.2.2, so I am not sure why it does not work for you.