Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AG4000

Stuck in Safe Mode

My ATV520E booted up in Safe Mode and I can't get it out of Safe Mode.

I unpluged the power to reboot it, and I tried a factory reset, but it just keeps booting in safe mode.

What can I do?

Thanks,

My ATV520E booted up in Safe Mode and I can't get it out of Safe Mode.

I unpluged the power to reboot it, and I tried a factory reset, but it just keeps booting in safe mode.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Sorry but do you mean recovery mode?

[attachment=0]photo.JPG[/attachment]

I don't think it is recovery mode.

In the bottom left corner it says 'Safe Mode', and when I click on any third party apps it says "This app has been deleted,please try again after install!".

I've tried to upload a picture, so you can see it.

I read somewhere that Android 4.1 has a safe mode and to get out of it you hold the volume up button during a reboot. That didn't work for me.

The only thing I've done differently recently was use a Tronsmart usb keyboard. Maybe that did something to it. I've tried rebooting with it and without it, holding volume up and not holding anything.

Let me know what you think.

Sorry but I have not seen that before. If you want to get out of it I would suggest to do a factory reset to get out of it.

Factory Reset was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't help. I went through all the steps/screens but just rebooted in safe mode.

I guess I'll take it back to the store since it's still under warranty.

Factory Reset was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't help. I went through all the steps/screens but just rebooted in safe mode.

I guess I'll take it back to the store since it's still under warranty.

Have you tried a hard reset using the reset button on the bottom of your unit, and factory resetting in the recovery screen?

This will wipe out everything, also make you wipe the cache and media.

Thanks for the reply, the factory reset using the 'upgrade' hole on the bottom did work. A tech a Canada Computers did it for me, (I took it there before I saw your last post), but then I put in the same keyboard that I suspected to be the cause of the safe mode and I stated getting phantom button pushing. Even with the keyboard unplugged and the batteries out of the remote the volume was going up and down randomly, and when entering searches there would be a long string of +++++. I did the factory reset again using a pin to push the button on the bottom and it seems to be working. Surprisingly the factory reset didn't wipe out my cache, there was a separate option for that. It was a nice surprise to see all of my xbmc settings still in place. Seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the reply, the factory reset using the 'upgrade' hole on the bottom did work. A tech a Canada Computers did it for me, (I took it there before I saw your last post), but then I put in the same keyboard that I suspected to be the cause of the safe mode and I stated getting phantom button pushing. Even with the keyboard unplugged and the batteries out of the remote the volume was going up and down randomly, and when entering searches there would be a long string of +++++. I did the factory reset again using a pin to push the button on the bottom and it seems to be working. Surprisingly the factory reset didn't wipe out my cache, there was a separate option for that. It was a nice surprise to see all of my xbmc settings still in place. Seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

Good to hear

Sorry you went through so much trouble to finally get your unit working.