Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zsombo

External WebCAM for Skype

I bought the ATV520E box recently and I'm very pleased with performance and features especially for online streaming. One thing I'm missing is video call with Skype using an external WebCAM connected to a USB port. Android seems to fall short in supporting such peripherals so I'm wondering if there any solution for ATV520E to get video call for Skype using webcam connected to the USB port of the box.

I bought the ATV520E box recently and I'm very pleased with performance and features especially for online streaming. One thing I'm missing is video call with Skype using an external WebCAM connected to a USB port. Android seems to fall short in supporting such peripherals so I'm wondering if there any solution for ATV520E to get video call for Skype using webcam connected to the USB port of the box.

We find the Logitech C270 webcam works best with our boxes.

Not all cameras have the drivers installed to work with our boxes, but we have tested the Logitech C270 and it works.

I have the atv520e and I just recently purchase the Logitech c270. I tried to use it with Skype but no video. Is there something I should do other than simply plugging it in.

Which version of Android are you running 4.1 or 4.2?

Hi,

I have the same problem with my ATV520. My webcam C270 used to work well with Android 4.1. After upgrading to 4.2.2 it does not work anymore.

Other problem is bluetooth which was already posted by others.

Please help.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem with my ATV520. My webcam C270 used to work well with Android 4.1. After upgrading to 4.2.2 it does not work anymore.

Other problem is bluetooth which was already posted by others.

Please help.

Thanks!

Pushing for an update to 4.2 which adds more Webcam support.

Bluetooth is hard, since its an update required by AMlogic, to support external Bluetooth adapters, which they have not provided us yet.

What other Logitech C series models are known to work with this model? Thanks in advance.

I have tried the C-270 and C-300 both worked

I am getting our engineers to make up new firmware for 4.2 on Dual Cores, to give more webcam support.

Will try to get it released soon.

Anyone have suggestions for the best Logitech 720p and 1080p cam for someone sitting 12 feet away from a cam mounted on top of a TV with this box.

We use the C-270 720P webcam for our store display.

Its on top of our TV that is mounted on the wall. We find it works well.

Sorry I was referring to using it on our Quad Core

Im pushing to have a new 4.2 firmware for Dual Cores made with more cam support soon.

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 working with this fimware update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR34.zip ? :?:

I do not have this camera to confirm this

Does anybody have this camera and using it on there 520E?

Hi,

I have recently purchased the mygica ATV582 and the Logitech camera C270. This is linked up and goes through our Panasonic smart TV. When testing the camera it worked fine for Skype and even when I called the home Skype from my phone down the road. however, when skyping Australia the camera works for approximately 10 seconds and then cuts out - the voice can be heard at the other end but the video is black.

help?

Hi,

I have recently purchased the mygica ATV582 and the Logitech camera C270. This is linked up and goes through our Panasonic smart TV. When testing the camera it worked fine for Skype and even when I called the home Skype from my phone down the road. however, when skyping Australia the camera works for approximately 10 seconds and then cuts out - the voice can be heard at the other end but the video is black.

help?

remember it also depends on what speed of Internet and connectivity they are using from Australia, but as much as its going with our box it should work flawless...