Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sly

MyGica 582 Airmouse problems

I've just opened my Mygica582 today. Firstly, ShowMax won't play anything because it says the device is rooted, trying to update it now but it doesn't seem to pick the files up on my SD card. The remote does not work as an airmouse, in mouse mode, I have to move the cursor manually with the arrow keys - Is this normal? I tried plugging the receiver into my laptop and it is the same, is it a fault with the remote straight out of the box?

I have realised that my ATV582 does not come with an airmouse, just a regular control. It kinda sucks but I was prepared to live with it until today while i was watching a show on Amazon Prime and it just dead froze mid picture (Sound and picture froze). Its now dead...Black screen, have tried leaving it unplugged, tried hard resetting it but its just dead.  Blue light is on and if i plug the network cable in the orange light shows but nothing else. In fact, my tv isn't even showing up the HDMI input from the box. I'm wondering about the quality of this box now, if it can fail after just about a day of use, what happens if the next one lasts just over a year? 

On 2/4/2017 at 1:46 PM, Sly said:

I've just opened my Mygica582 today. Firstly, ShowMax won't play anything because it says the device is rooted, trying to update it now but it doesn't seem to pick the files up on my SD card. The remote does not work as an airmouse, in mouse mode, I have to move the cursor manually with the arrow keys - Is this normal? I tried plugging the receiver into my laptop and it is the same, is it a fault with the remote straight out of the box?

The remote that comes with the 582 is not Air Mouse.

However the box does support other Air Mouse remotes, or computer mouses as well

22 hours ago, Sly said:

I have realised that my ATV582 does not come with an airmouse, just a regular control. It kinda sucks but I was prepared to live with it until today while i was watching a show on Amazon Prime and it just dead froze mid picture (Sound and picture froze). Its now dead...Black screen, have tried leaving it unplugged, tried hard resetting it but its just dead.  Blue light is on and if i plug the network cable in the orange light shows but nothing else. In fact, my tv isn't even showing up the HDMI input from the box. I'm wondering about the quality of this box now, if it can fail after just about a day of use, what happens if the next one lasts just over a year? 

Can you try this on a different TV?

Hi Justin

I tried it on my second TV and it booted up, hooked it back up to my main TV and dead, unplugged the HDMI and plugged it back in and it's been up ever since. Strange as the hard reset procedure I tried a few times didn't reset the box, it was almost as if it was frozen in limbo for those 2 or 3 hours. YouTube keeps kicking me out though, the first time it just shut the unit down and now it keeps sending me to the menu screen. Any fixes for this?  Also, when I connect it only to wi-fi it doesn't connect automatically after coming out of standby, I have to switch wi-fi off and on again in settings before it will connect. It's quite close to the router so signal can't be an issue.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Hi Justin

I tried it on my second TV and it booted up, hooked it back up to my main TV and dead, unplugged the HDMI and plugged it back in and it's been up ever since. Strange as the hard reset procedure I tried a few times didn't reset the box, it was almost as if it was frozen in limbo for those 2 or 3 hours. YouTube keeps kicking me out though, the first time it just shut the unit down and now it keeps sending me to the menu screen. Any fixes for this?  Also, when I connect it only to wi-fi it doesn't connect automatically after coming out of standby, I have to switch wi-fi off and on again in settings before it will connect. It's quite close to the router so signal can't be an issue.

The pre installed version of You Tube you are using is probably very out dated

So I would suggest logging into the Play Store to take app updates, after you do this it should work fine.

The Wifi disconnect issue out of standby was fixed with a Firmware update, so you might be running an older version of Firmware.
Can you let me know what Build # you are currently using?

Hi Justin

Apologies for the multiple threads, I posted once but it came out three times, not sure why.

WRT the airmouse, I read a review when I was deciding which media player to get and it says that the 582 came with an air mouse. Screenshot of the review attached, it won't allow me to post the link but it's the first result that comes up in Google.

I have also attached an image of the system info which shows the build. I've applied the unroot patch to get showmax to work.

20170206_224352.jpg

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Hi Justin

Apologies for the multiple threads, I posted once but it came out three times, not sure why.

WRT the airmouse, I read a review when I was deciding which media player to get and it says that the 582 came with an air mouse. Screenshot of the review attached, it won't allow me to post the link but it's the first result that comes up in Google.

I have also attached an image of the system info which shows the build. I've applied the unroot patch to get showmax to work.

20170206_224352.jpg

Capture.PNG

You are running the latest build,so not sure why you are experiencing Wifi issues.
Sounds like a hardware problem then.

As for the review, that is just one review, and as far as I know we have never sold the 582 with an Air Mouse anywhere in the world.
I have seen sellers including it though, which means they are throwing it in when they are selling the box.

Hi Justin

I'll check the wi-fi again this evening and I'll post the result. Perhaps you are right about the review, the air mouse may have been bundled separately.

11 hours ago, Sly said:

Hi Justin

I'll check the wi-fi again this evening and I'll post the result. Perhaps you are right about the review, the air mouse may have been bundled separately.

Ok let me know

Thanks

Hi Justin

Youtube is the latest version so I'm not sure why it's kicking me out. Also, today when I switched the Mygica on via the remote, the blue light came on but it was black screen again and unresponsive. The HDMI was also not showing on my tv. I unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable in (without doing anything else) and it came on. Its rather strange and don't know why it is doing this. I also tested the wifi again, it does not automatically connect when it comes out of standby, even if I just quickly go to standby and bring it straight back. 

This is a problem for me as my wife will not know what to do if either of these issues happens, it needs to work reliably. DO you think that a software update would fix these issues? 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Hi Justin

Youtube is the latest version so I'm not sure why it's kicking me out. Also, today when I switched the Mygica on via the remote, the blue light came on but it was black screen again and unresponsive. The HDMI was also not showing on my tv. I unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable in (without doing anything else) and it came on. Its rather strange and don't know why it is doing this. I also tested the wifi again, it does not automatically connect when it comes out of standby, even if I just quickly go to standby and bring it straight back. 

This is a problem for me as my wife will not know what to do if either of these issues happens, it needs to work reliably. DO you think that a software update would fix these issues? 

We fixed the standby issue on 4.4 with our last update. It now only happens on certain brands of TV's, we cannot pin point which ones are still affected by this
So I would just suggest not putting the box into standby mode to avoid this issue from happening. Sorry but we have no plans to update the 582 anymore.

When you say does not automatically connect to Wifi, do you mean it takes a few mins? or you have to connect it again yourself manually?

Hi Justin

It does not connect to wifi at all by itself, I have to do it manually every time it comes out of standby. As for the black screen, perhaps it is the TV. 

When you say there is no plans to update the 582 anymore, is Android 5 not coming to the 582? I saw a video you posted that mentioned the 582 and 1600 as units for testing on Android 5. How old is the 582 platform?

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Hi Justin

It does not connect to wifi at all by itself, I have to do it manually every time it comes out of standby. As for the black screen, perhaps it is the TV. 

When you say there is no plans to update the 582 anymore, is Android 5 not coming to the 582? I saw a video you posted that mentioned the 582 and 1600 as units for testing on Android 5. How old is the 582 platform?

We have tried to put Android 5.1 onto the 582 but we are having a very hard time optimizing it for 1GB Ram as 5.1 is a big resource hog, so therefore the box is very slow when using it.

The 582 came out in April 2014, so it is very close to being 3 years old.