Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heather

Basic Questions

As I mentioned in my other post, I usually use Apple products and I'm having trouble navigating this system. I'm hoping you can answer a couple very basic questions.

1. Should I be able to type using just the remote control? I can get the keyboard to appear, but I am not able to select letters using the remote. I have had to use a mouse to do this.

2. Is there a way that I can organize/move the app icons so that I can group all my most used apps together?

3. In Netflix, is there a way to horizontally scroll through the shows they suggest for me?

That's it for now. Thanks!

Hi here is an answer to your questions

1. Yes you should be able to type with the remote, usually once the keyboard appears, if you just use the Left, Right and Up, Down arrow buttons on the remote, you should be able to move side to side, or up and down and each letter will be highlighted, to select a letter you want to type just hit the OK button on the remote.

Usually if customers are using the keyboard a lot, we suggest to them to connect a wireless computer keyboard to the box for much easier use, or to purchase a KR100 wireless mouse and keyboard remote.

2. There is no way to move the apps around, however there is a favorites section on the box, if you use the remote and highlight any app, just hold down the OK button on the remote, and it will ask you if you want to add it to favorites, once you have down this, there is 5 larger app icons on the main screen, which are Play Store, Browser, XBMC, My Favorites and Settings. All apps that you add to favorties will show up in My Favorties.

3. In order to browse the netflix app properly, you will need to update the Netflix, in order to do this, you will have to download it from the Google Play Store, you will need a Gmail account to sign in to the Play Store, once you have signed in or signed up, do a search for Netflix, and install the latest version.

Past versions of netflix were only designed for touch screen devices, and not IR remote devices, which is why you could not scroll horizontally with your remote due to the app that comes pre installed is not updated, the most recent updated app of Netflix from the Play store now allows the use of an IR remote.

We hope this answers your questions, have any more, feel free to post.

Thanks

Justin