Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmyt

How to delete background apps when you hide status bar

Ok sooI am going to describe this the best I can.I ihave a ATV582. Now I remember when I had my other box and it was a dual core on the remote their was a specific button that you could press and all the app's you have open in the back ground will come up and you can either delete or use use them. But with my ATV582 on the remote does not have that button to get to the open app's in the background. Or at leastI can't frind it. However I do see that you have the option in the blue setting's screen where you can either keep or hide the Statuss Bar located on the bottom and that has a shortcut link to see the open apps in the background. The problem is when I am on XBMC that status bar stays on the screen and covers the bottom part of the screen and also covers the icons where you can press the stop, play, Fast forward and rewind buttons, etc....and that status bar just stays there and will not minamize or go away.

On the blue setting screen their is a ooption to either keep or hide that status bar. But if you hide it then you can not use it. And if you cand't use it then you can't use the open background apps and you can't delete them. However I have found out that if you hide the status bar and hit Alt&Tab those open background apps will appear and you can use them. But what I want to know is how do I close them while the status bar is in hide mode. On the oother dual core I had before on the remote it had a button to bring up all those open apps and then you can either use them or remove them. I would just keep the status bar up but when iim on xbmc it stays their and covers the bottom of my screen where all the video controls are. I believe with my dualcore box I had also had the status bar on the bottom but when I was on xbmc it would just minamize , and that would be fine could I can use it whenever.

So is their a way to hide this status bar and get the the open background app's and close them so they don't take up space and if you have a lot open they will slowdown the system. The only way I know how to got the the open app's are not threw the remote cause I can't frind a way using the remote control but buy pressing Alt & Tab. Then the open running app's will show up and I ican use them but how can you close them??????It was a hell of a lot easier with the dual core cause the short cut button for open apps was on the remote. Why isn't that button on this new quad core remote so I can either run the app or close it? Is theiir another way into doing this with the status bar hiddin? Is their a wayI can do this on the remote that I havent triied yet? I would just keep the bottom black status bar open as long as iit didn't cover the bottom part of my movie and xbmc home page and minamized itself like on the dual core. Is their a way to close running apps that are in the background when you press alt & tab?

Ive tried to explain the best I can about my situation. Can anyone guide me? If anyone have a video or a link that would help me out so much. I have better luck understanding threw a video but if you can describe how to do it in point step buy step instructions that may be able to work also. Or if yoou have any questions please just ask and I iwill do my absolute best to understand and answer. If you can please e-mail you comments and answers that would also help a ton. Thank you jimmyt1981@live.ca

Ok sooI am going to describe this the best I can.I ihave a ATV582. Now I remember when I had my other box and it was a dual core on the remote their was a specific button that you could press and all the app's you have open in the back ground will come up and you can either delete or use use them. But with my ATV582 on the remote does not have that button to get to the open app's in the background. Or at leastI can't frind it. However I do see that you have the option in the blue setting's screen where you can either keep or hide the Statuss Bar located on the bottom and that has a shortcut link to see the open apps in the background. The problem is when I am on XBMC that status bar stays on the screen and covers the bottom part of the screen and also covers the icons where you can press the stop, play, Fast forward and rewind buttons, etc....and that status bar just stays there and will not minamize or go away.

On the blue setting screen their is a ooption to either keep or hide that status bar. But if you hide it then you can not use it. And if you cand't use it then you can't use the open background apps and you can't delete them. However I have found out that if you hide the status bar and hit Alt&Tab those open background apps will appear and you can use them. But what I want to know is how do I close them while the status bar is in hide mode. On the oother dual core I had before on the remote it had a button to bring up all those open apps and then you can either use them or remove them. I would just keep the status bar up but when iim on xbmc it stays their and covers the bottom of my screen where all the video controls are. I believe with my dualcore box I had also had the status bar on the bottom but when I was on xbmc it would just minamize , and that would be fine could I can use it whenever.

So is their a way to hide this status bar and get the the open background app's and close them so they don't take up space and if you have a lot open they will slowdown the system. The only way I know how to got the the open app's are not threw the remote cause I can't frind a way using the remote control but buy pressing Alt & Tab. Then the open running app's will show up and I ican use them but how can you close them??????It was a hell of a lot easier with the dual core cause the short cut button for open apps was on the remote. Why isn't that button on this new quad core remote so I can either run the app or close it? Is theiir another way into doing this with the status bar hiddin? Is their a wayI can do this on the remote that I havent triied yet? I would just keep the bottom black status bar open as long as iit didn't cover the bottom part of my movie and xbmc home page and minamized itself like on the dual core. Is their a way to close running apps that are in the background when you press alt & tab?

Ive tried to explain the best I can about my situation. Can anyone guide me? If anyone have a video or a link that would help me out so much. I have better luck understanding threw a video but if you can describe how to do it in point step buy step instructions that may be able to work also. Or if yoou have any questions please just ask and I iwill do my absolute best to understand and answer. If you can please e-mail you comments and answers that would also help a ton. Thank you jimmyt1981@live.ca

Hi

Sorry to hear about your frustration.

There is a bug in our version of XBMC 13.1 which will not hide the status bar.

Our new update to XBMC 13.2 which we will be inlcuding with our next firmware update, will have this solved, and from now on the Status Bar will go away whenever you are using XBMC.

To close apps in the backround, you can always use the pre installed app, "Advanced Task Killer" by just highlighting the app you want to close with your remote, and holding down the OK button, it will bring a popup menu which will have an option to kill. Which is essentially the same way you would close them using the status bar.