Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eyetie

ATV520e 4.2.2 Upgrade - TV shutting off !!!

I recently performed the 4.2.2 upgrade with no problems during the process.

Unfortunately now the Gica 520e keeps turning off the TV (Samsung LED 46") while also making the TV remote unresponsive. I disconnected the HDMI cable from the gica and the TV is now working fine.

I also tried reseting the gica hoping this might solve the issue, but no luck. This problem is occurring always when the HDMI cable is connected, no matter if an app is running or not, gica homescreen or xbmc or internet, all the time. I even swapped the HDMI cable from the DVD player using diffent tv input in case it was the cable, same problem.

Is there a fix, ( really hoping there is ) ? If not how do I revert back to the original firmware (worst case scenario).

Thanks.

I recently performed the 4.2.2 upgrade with no problems during the process.

Unfortunately now the Gica 520e keeps turning off the TV (Samsung LED 46") while also making the TV remote unresponsive. I disconnected the HDMI cable from the gica and the TV is now working fine.

I also tried reseting the gica hoping this might solve the issue, but no luck. This problem is occurring always when the HDMI cable is connected, no matter if an app is running or not, gica homescreen or xbmc or internet, all the time. I even swapped the HDMI cable from the DVD player using diffent tv input in case it was the cable, same problem.

Is there a fix, ( really hoping there is ) ? If not how do I revert back to the original firmware (worst case scenario).

Thanks.

Sorry not sure what would be causing that problem, as I have not heard of this before. Sounds like the unit could be defective maybe.

You can always try to revert back to 4.1you can find the Android 4.1 files from our partner site in Spain

http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php

Thanks for the follow-up Justin. I did some troubleshooting thru process of elimination on the unit. It's the Netflix app causing the problem

I watching xbmc for a couple of hrs with no issue, then surfed for over an hour. Then I opened the Netflix app, logged in and literally within a few min's the TV started reseting. So then I disconnected the hdmi to get the tv working, reset the gica via rear button and everything was fine on the home screen.

Then I started Netflx and the shizz started again...could it be the Netflix app is sending a reset code or bad signal via hdmi to the tv ???

How can I uninstall the included netflix app, this way I'll run the Gica without it for a piece of mind.

Thanks for the follow-up Justin. I did some troubleshooting thru process of elimination on the unit. It's the Netflix app causing the problem

I watching xbmc for a couple of hrs with no issue, then surfed for over an hour. Then I opened the Netflix app, logged in and literally within a few min's the TV started reseting. So then I disconnected the hdmi to get the tv working, reset the gica via rear button and everything was fine on the home screen.

Then I started Netflx and the shizz started again...could it be the Netflix app is sending a reset code or bad signal via hdmi to the tv ???

How can I uninstall the included netflix app, this way I'll run the Gica without it for a piece of mind.

If you want to uninstall Netflix. Go to Settings - Apps - All- Look for Netlifx - Press Ok on the remote - And should give you the option to uninstall it.

Please note the Netflix app will still be on the Launcher, as it is embedded into the Launcher. However when you click it, nothing will open up.

Thanks...I did uninstall the Netflix app but the problem still exists. I suppose it was wishful thinking on my part.

I went to the Spanish website and D/L 'd this: Mygica-MX_Android_20131214.rar

When I unzip it, there's another zip file called: update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip

Do I leave it as is OR does it need to be unzipped into the same root directory of the sd card ?

Thanks.

Thanks...I did uninstall the Netflix app but the problem still exists. I suppose it was wishful thinking on my part.

I went to the Spanish website and D/L 'd this: Mygica-MX_Android_20131214.rar

When I unzip it, there's another zip file called: update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip

Do I leave it as is OR does it need to be unzipped into the same root directory of the sd card ?

Thanks.

If you are looking for an updated file for Android 4.2

You can find it here now

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

Make sure you install the right files based on the picture of your remote control.

The 520E has only ever come with the KR34 remote control, so make sure to install one.

I will be posting this firmware on our forum soon, with release notes.

I was able to successfully install: Mygica-MX_Android_20131214.rar without any problem.

Unfortunately the unit is still turning off my TV...I'm really stumped at this point because I've never had any problems until I installed the 4.2.2 android firmware...Could it be that even though I'm installing different firmware, there's something left behind from the 4.2.2 like residual system files ?

I went to Canada computers last night and bought a new ATV520e and new hdmi cable, hooked it up last night....no problems with the new unit when I was watching last night. I then upgraded it to the 4.2.2 this morning and the problem started again exactly the same as what I'm experiencing with my older unit.

Shuts off the TV, I turn it back on with the tv remote and then a few minutes later tv shuts off again. I disconnect the hdmi cable from the gica and the tv is fine (with the older and new hdmi cable - no difference). There's something weird going on with the 4.2.2 release because everything is ok until I install it.

I'm getting very frustrated now, please help. Thank you.

I went to the link you posted: http://mygica.com/html/Support/

There isn't anything showing ATV520e", there's only "ATVS20E", is this a typo ?

I downloaded the firmware by clicking on the icon under "FIRMWARE" column for that and the zip file didn't have the firmware files, there's 2 pdf files in it.

What's going on here, wrong name, wrong files in the link ?????

Can I reiterate my frustration again.

I went to the link you posted: http://mygica.com/html/Support/

There isn't anything showing ATV520e", there's only "ATVS20E", is this a typo ?

I downloaded the firmware by clicking on the icon under "FIRMWARE" column for that and the zip file didn't have the firmware files, there's 2 pdf files in it.

What's going on here, wrong name, wrong files in the link ?????

Can I reiterate my frustration again.

There is only 1 model of ATV520E, whether or not the letter E is in a lower case or upper case letter, this not does make a difference.

And the PDF documents will explain where to download the files, they both show the remote you have to match the files you need to download

Along with download links for the latest firmware within the PDF document.

Thanks but the typo wasn't with the 'e' but rather there's an 'S' instead of the '5'....In any event this is symantics.

I have the ATV520, no antenna. I use an Ethernet cable. Will this firmware work for this unit? My remote is the smaller one.

Thanks but the typo wasn't with the 'e' but rather there's an 'S' instead of the '5'....In any event this is symantics.

I have the ATV520, no antenna. I use an Ethernet cable. Will this firmware work for this unit? My remote is the smaller one.

Yes it will work. We just made the wifi antenna external on the 520E, since the original design of the ATV 520's internal wifi was having issues.

Since we just made a hardware change, there is no need for different firmware.

So if firmware is labelled ATV 520E, you can use it on the 520 without any issues.

I followed the instructions from this link, downloaded the files, performed the manual update per the instructions and now my atv520 is unresponsive with only the red and blue lights on steady.

JUSTIN can you PM me, to the email address on my profile. Let's take this offline to keep things respectable.

I followed the instructions from this link, downloaded the files, performed the manual update per the instructions and now my atv520 is unresponsive with only the red and blue lights on steady.

JUSTIN can you PM me, to the email address on my profile. Let's take this offline to keep things respectable.

Ok PM has been sent.

I also have problem with TV after update to 4.2.2 (520e).

I turn off my 520e (standby) and it switches TV video source from HDMI to normal digital input (digital TV). After a while, TV video source switches back to HDMI (520e still in standby) all by it self. This is repeating until I pull the plug from 520e (#$%"***).

What's going on? Please help me.

Thanks

I also have problem with TV after update to 4.2.2 (520e).

I turn off my 520e (standby) and it switches TV video source from HDMI to normal digital input (digital TV). After a while, TV video source switches back to HDMI (520e still in standby) all by it self. This is repeating until I pull the plug from 520e (#$%"***).

What's going on? Please help me.

Thanks

Try our recent 4.2 upgrade file to see if this solves your issues

http://www.mygica.com/download/Software ... -boxes.zip

I tested new update and the problem is still there. Nothing is changed.

Is there some kinde of debuging that i can turn on?

The problem is manifested in two ways: it switches TV to HDMI source and stays there (MyGica still on stand by) so i have to, manually switch it back to TV and sometimes it switches to HDMI and then returns by it self after 2-3 seconds.

Thanks for your time.

I tested new update and the problem is still there. Nothing is changed.

Is there some kinde of debuging that i can turn on?

The problem is manifested in two ways: it switches TV to HDMI source and stays there (MyGica still on stand by) so i have to, manually switch it back to TV and sometimes it switches to HDMI and then returns by it self after 2-3 seconds.

Thanks for your time.

If problem still persists, then I would suggest to get your unit exchanged under warranty.

I am having the same issue with my unit since having upgraded over the weekend. Is there a proper fix in play yet?

Yes we replaced the unit for "hkalic"