Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pinch

Netflix , optical and DD 5.1

Hi,

I just bought an ATV1200 a couple of days ago. I have a couple other media servers ( WD live, Raspberry Pi, Apple Tv)

I can't seem to be able to get DD to work with Netflix and the ATV1200. DD works fine with XBMC and the optical output in my receiver but I only get stereo with Netflix. I have SPDIF passthrough enabled in the ATV1200 settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

I just bought an ATV1200 a couple of days ago. I have a couple other media servers ( WD live, Raspberry Pi, Apple Tv)

I can't seem to be able to get DD to work with Netflix and the ATV1200. DD works fine with XBMC and the optical output in my receiver but I only get stereo with Netflix. I have SPDIF passthrough enabled in the ATV1200 settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The Netflix app does not support Software decoding of DD, which XBMC does. Plus it is the Netflix Mobile app, so they also may not be streaming DD supported content this way, like how they would through an Apple TV.

Ok, thanks Justin.

I ended up returning the ATV, I thought I'd finally found my all-in-one solution for media. Back to square one.

Ok sorry to hear that.

once

Wait for reviews on our Quad Core ATV 582 and 1800E model, since we will have a newly updated Netflix app once we complete our Google GMS certificiation.

Plus our Quad cores come with the S802-B chipset, which supports Hardware Decoding through the HDMI no matter what video source/player you are using

Sounds good but I realy need the decoding through the optical output since I listen to internet radio stations often and I don't want to leave my tv "on. My audio receiver doesn't have an HDMI input.