Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flow99

Purchased ATV 582...

Hi Justin,

is there a trick to turning on this android box? currently no lights identifying the unit is turned on, it's quite frustrating

when this is now the third box that's failed to turn on. I have the kr300 remote

and the stock remote that's included.

-vic

Hi Justin,

is there a trick to turning on this android box? currently no lights identifying the unit is turned on, it's quite frustrating

when this is now the third box that's failed to turn on. I have the kr300 remote

and the stock remote that's included.

-vic

Strange. You have gone through 3 units so far with all of them not being able to turn on at all?

May I ask on your power supply when plugged in, is there a green light lit up when it is plugged in?

Please note the KR300 FM remote is unable to turn ON/OFF any of our Quad Core boxes as it uses an IR Sensor to do this, and does not have the IR code on it for the new remote code we are using on the Quad Cores, since we came out with the KR300 before we introduced the Quads.

Let me know

yes power supply green led turns and stays on and I have tested the kr300 remote on my 520 box and it works fine.

I have not used the stock remote yet for the ATV 582 which I'm gonna go try right now and let you know the outcome...

it turned on, the net & status LEDs are on

and I'm going thru the setup now.

Hopefully it's stays uninterrupted.

the 520box has been very reliable to me look fwd now to the 582 version.

If its a problem with the MBOX screensaver, then this issue has been resolved on our new firmware update we are putting out this week through OTA.

Hey Justin, okay it was troublesome at first with the failed boxes, however the third one did the trick after several attempts. The remote issue is ongoing just doesn't function as clean as I would like, however I configured an app to replace the hardware remote and it works flawlessly(knock on wood).

Hi Justin, after relocating the ATV 582 to a primary TV set it no longer turns on! I seriously don't get why it does this.

Do you have your display mode set to Auto Output?

If not make sure you leave the setting on 720P-60HZ for when you move your box to another TV.

I would suggest this, since not all TV's support 1080P, but do support 720P

it's the exact same tv Justin, and after tinkering with the power wire unplug/plug it powered on! I'm just afraid to unplug it

incase it does show this hassle again.

I wish to get a 582 for my dad but I can't keep going there to his home all the time to troubleshoot it. which vendor did you get yours from?