Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EZ44

Lost IR Remote capability after upgrading firmware

Hello,

I just bought two of these ATV1800e models and followed the following instructions from mygica.com to update one unit. Unfortunately, after upgrading I can no longer use the included IR remote. On the other unit that I did not update the remote works fine. I also noticed that even though it says that XBMC is upgraded to 13.2 it actually stays at 13.1. Really need to figure out how to fix the IR remote functionality as I need it working in order to use my Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote. If someone can either help me get it working on this new firmware or point me to the original firmware for this MyGica Enjoy ATV1800 I would appreciate it.

Thanks for help.

MyGica ATV1800/ATV582 20140906 Firmware Release

Online upgrading:

If your box is working with MyGica 20140805/20140724 , the latest firmware of 20140906 will download automatically after internet be connected. After finished downloading. It will pop up a message and mention if you need upgrade system or not. Click “yes”. Box will upgrade online..

If your box is working with other firmware version and can not update firmware online, please update as below steps by manual.

Local update

SPI: update_uboot_stvm8_20140718.img

Firmware: update_Mygica_ATV582_20140906.zip

1. Download both file and copy it to USB flash memory and SD card, and connect to the box

2. Run Upgrade APP and choose local update

3. Select SPI file to update first, the box will restart after upgrading completed, then, run Upgrade->local update and update firmware.

PS. If SPI and firmware can not be found in SD card or flash memory . Please press 8 times” menu”

button on remote

Changed log based on 20140805 firmware version:

1.Add 3 APP: VPN/FTP/Quick boot

2.Box be restarted and MBOX logo appeared after standby TV.

3.Add MyGica store APP

4.XBMC upgrade to 13.2

5.KR60 work on recovery screen

Hello,

I just bought two of these ATV1800e models and followed the following instructions from mygica.com to update one unit. Unfortunately, after upgrading I can no longer use the included IR remote. On the other unit that I did not update the remote works fine. I also noticed that even though it says that XBMC is upgraded to 13.2 it actually stays at 13.1. Really need to figure out how to fix the IR remote functionality as I need it working in order to use my Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote. If someone can either help me get it working on this new firmware or point me to the original firmware for this MyGica Enjoy ATV1800 I would appreciate it.

Thanks for help.

MyGica ATV1800/ATV582 20140906 Firmware Release

Online upgrading:

If your box is working with MyGica 20140805/20140724 , the latest firmware of 20140906 will download automatically after internet be connected. After finished downloading. It will pop up a message and mention if you need upgrade system or not. Click “yes”. Box will upgrade online..

If your box is working with other firmware version and can not update firmware online, please update as below steps by manual.

Local update

1. Download both file and copy it to USB flash memory and SD card, and connect to the box

2. Run Upgrade APP and choose local update

3. Select SPI file to update first, the box will restart after upgrading completed, then, run Upgrade->local update and update firmware.

PS. If SPI and firmware can not be found in SD card or flash memory . Please press 8 times” menu”

button on remote

Changed log based on 20140805 firmware version:

1.Add 3 APP: VPN/FTP/Quick boot

2.Box be restarted and MBOX logo appeared after standby TV.

3.Add MyGica store APP

4.XBMC upgrade to 13.2

5.KR60 work on recovery screen

Hi

In order for all those changes to take place after installing this firmware you must factory reset the unit.

If you want to go back to previous firmware, you can download it here

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1710

Not sure how you lost IR capability after installing the 09/06 firmware, as I have installed this onto 5 units so far, and have not had any IR problems.

Hi Justin,

I'm not sure how I lost it either. To be honest I'm not sure if IR worked out of the box as I had used the KR-100 with the 2.4Ghz USB receiver after plugging it in. I did a factory reset as you suggested and there was no change. In fact, when I go back into the Android Recovery screen IR doesn't work there either. I'm going to revert back to the previous firmware and see if IR even works on that version.

Thanks.

Reverting back to the previous firmware did not restore the IR functionality so I will have to get this exchanged back at the store.

:(

OK. Thinking it was one bad unit I did this same update to the other unit and lost IR on it too. Has to be a firmware issue.

What the heck is going on here??????

OK. Thinking it was one bad unit I did this same update to the other unit and lost IR on it too. Has to be a firmware issue.

What the heck is going on here??????

Are you using the original KR60 Remote which came with the box, or your Harmony Remote?

I have used the same firmware on an 1800E which I just upgraded an hour ago, and had zero issues using the remote control

Original KR60. Tried both, one from each unit, as well as one from my older MyGica 520, as well as multiple sets of batteries. The remote worked on the second unit prior to the upgrade. Is there a step missing or is there a way to re-enable the remote somehow? Is it possible there is an issue with the 20140906.zip file I'm using? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Original KR60. Tried both, one from each unit, as well as one from my older MyGica 520, as well as multiple sets of batteries. The remote worked on the second unit prior to the upgrade. Is there a step missing or is there a way to re-enable the remote somehow? Is it possible there is an issue with the 20140906.zip file I'm using? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The 520 remote will not work at all on the 1800.

I used the exact same file on 6 units now here at our office, and have zero problems using the KR60 Remote.

I am not sure why it does not work for you.

Can you use an external mouse/keyboard to use on the 1800?