Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amorvai

Speed Testing

I have the latest update on my box and I use the preloaded speed test app. I'm not sure it actually reports the correct results. Many times is says "no data connection" and still runs the speed test.

As a comparison, I run the app and get a result of 5mbps. I then run the browser, use Ookla speedtest, get a similar result. I try other local speed test sites and get a higher result (near 20mbps). Also, the Xfinity speed test also gives higher results (20 mbps).

Why does the installed app not show the correct speed, or which one can I trust? The app or one's that I run in the browser?

I have the latest update on my box and I use the preloaded speed test app. I'm not sure it actually reports the correct results. Many times is says "no data connection" and still runs the speed test.

As a comparison, I run the app and get a result of 5mbps. I then run the browser, use Ookla speedtest, get a similar result. I try other local speed test sites and get a higher result (near 20mbps). Also, the Xfinity speed test also gives higher results (20 mbps).

Why does the installed app not show the correct speed, or which one can I trust? The app or one's that I run in the browser?

Try the speedtest using Wifi. As majority of these speedtest apps are meant for Mobile and Tablet use, so Ethernet is not recognized usually, or may not give true results.

I have the same issue but I am experiencing VERY slow internet speeds. I hard wired it to my LAN and it is like night and day. Prior to the upgrade the OOKLA speedtest was at 20mbs (wifi or LAN) and now no more than 5mbs on wifi. I believe it has something to do with the firmware upgrade.

I have redone the upgrade a couple of times and get the same result. I checked my neighbour's unit and it was 20mbs on wifi and he is running the original firmware. I told him to wait to upgrade until I can figure this out.

Any thoughts on this? My wireless router is 6 inches away from the puck so distance isn't the issue. All other devices on the same access point run 20mbs so not an issue with the router. All signs point to MyGica device and firmware. Looking for help as this is really concerning.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wish I could go back to the original settings and somehow turn off the automatic updates in the background (not the updates that you have to do manually). Although I am no expert, I think that there was some push update or auto update that ran from the date I bought it to the date when it suddenly slowed down. If I can avoid that, I was very happy with the speed and the product when I first took it out of the box and used it for several weeks.