Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveo

atv1800 won't boot..just dead.

I hope someone can help me! After only having this box for about a week it now will not boot. I have tried a hard reset, but nothing. I had not updated any firmware as only new to this kind of machine. I am familiar with android Os as I have had 3 phones, so I know I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. All I get is red LEDs on the box and a black screen on the TV. I have checked all connections.. It's just dead in the water. Any ideas before I send it back to my brother in law in Hong Kong?

I hope someone can help me! After only having this box for about a week it now will not boot. I have tried a hard reset, but nothing. I had not updated any firmware as only new to this kind of machine. I am familiar with android Os as I have had 3 phones, so I know I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. All I get is red LEDs on the box and a black screen on the TV. I have checked all connections.. It's just dead in the water. Any ideas before I send it back to my brother in law in Hong Kong?

Can you try a different television or HDMI cable?

The hdmi cable is fine as I have another media player and it works fine on the same cable.

Please explain the recovery method via pin hole, sounds like the go!

@ Stevo

At the back of the box there is a hole between the optic input and the HDMi input. I think its marked as "upgrade" Stick a pencil or thin blunt object into the hole while powering on the device.When you feel a solid surface, service button is pressed. Keeping holding in the "service button" in and put the power supply switch into the box. Wait for about 10 seconds before releasing it. This should take you to the recovery screen. The recovery screen has a little Android robot on it ....

Let me know if you can reach it!

@Dlangejc

Thanks for the info..unfortunately that didn't work. I understand what you mean by green android man and recovery menu, but this thing seems to be dead/bricked. This box had been working fine till I went out for a while and when I got back it wouldn't do anything. I tried different hdmi ports and also tried av cables, still nothing. Is it possible that it might be a hardware problem? I'm open to anymore suggestions to get it to boot atleast into recovery, but I'm guessing I'll have to return it back to Hk.

@Dlangejc

Thanks for the info..unfortunately that didn't work. I understand what you mean by green android man and recovery menu, but this thing seems to be dead/bricked. This box had been working fine till I went out for a while and when I got back it wouldn't do anything. I tried different hdmi ports and also tried av cables, still nothing. Is it possible that it might be a hardware problem? I'm open to anymore suggestions to get it to boot atleast into recovery, but I'm guessing I'll have to return it back to Hk.

Send me an email to support@mygica.ca

I will try and help you better, and if I cannot will then help you in regards to getting a replacement unit for you.

Thanks