Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geebee75

Skype requires "mouse click" to Add Contacts

When adding contacts to Skype on a 520E, Android 4.2.2, Skype seems to want a mouse-click to select the name from the search results. Which is counter-intuitive for the Android version. Obviously it's expecting this to be a touch-screen, and the 520's remote doesn't seem to have a button to simulate a touch action. (Just "Enter", per se).

The only way I've been able to add contacts is to switch the remote to Mouse Mode, which is annoying to work with, and click on the name I want to add.

Anyone else have a better solution?

PS: Even using a physical keyboard, there doesn't seem to be a way to "select/mouse-click".

When adding contacts to Skype on a 520E, Android 4.2.2, Skype seems to want a mouse-click to select the name from the search results. Which is counter-intuitive for the Android version. Obviously it's expecting this to be a touch-screen, and the 520's remote doesn't seem to have a button to simulate a touch action. (Just "Enter", per se).

The only way I've been able to add contacts is to switch the remote to Mouse Mode, which is annoying to work with, and click on the name I want to add.

Anyone else have a better solution?

PS: Even using a physical keyboard, there doesn't seem to be a way to "select/mouse-click".

The reason for this is due to a lot of apps from the Google Play Store being built for Touch Screen devices, which in turn do not recognize an IR Remote Control when using certain apps

I have used Skype myself, and I experience the same issues that you do, and therefore I must use a Mouse to use Skype.

I would suggest to use a regular computer usb mouse if you like, or can always purchase a wireless Air Mouse and Keyboard Remote, when you are going to be using Skype. Using either of these for everything else you do on the box, I think once you get used to it, will make using the box much more enjoyable.

Yup, I understood the reason why - was just wondering if someone had discovered an easier workaround that's all.

I'm getting one of your keyboard remotes anyway.

Yup, I understood the reason why - was just wondering if someone had discovered an easier workaround that's all.

I'm getting one of your keyboard remotes anyway.

Ok no problem

Good to hear your getting a external remote