Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freakrant

external wifi support

Hi,

I would like to add an external USB wifi adapter to my atv1800. This would give my box the ability to use a faster wireless radio. Is it possible to add this to the next firmware?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi,

I would like to add an external USB wifi adapter to my atv1800. This would give my box the ability to use a faster wireless radio. Is it possible to add this to the next firmware?

Thanks,

Andrew

Will ask about this and see what the engineers say.

Have you tried using any external USB wifi's yet, and if so, any luck?

Yes I tried plugging it in but the unit doesn't recognize it.

Ever since Android 4.2 and 4.4 came out and we started using this version of Android OS on our Dual Cores and Quad Cores, there has seem to be a lot of restrictions on Android when it comes to using External USB devices for such things as Bluetooth and Wifi.

This seems like it is something AMlogic will have to work on, to make this possible.

OK let me put it this way, Is this something that you can get them to do or are we at the mercy of them making these decisions?

I'm just trying to find where I stand. I have no prior experience working with them.

Thanks

OK let me put it this way, Is this something that you can get them to do or are we at the mercy of them making these decisions?

I'm just trying to find where I stand. I have no prior experience working with them.

Thanks

Currently they are working on External USB Bluetooth support which has a lot of interest for it right now.

I can ask about External USB Wifi support, and let you know, but cannot guarantee anything right now since I do not know the right answer to give you.

AMlogic are the ones that has to figure out support for External Adapters for there chipsets, so therefore in a way, yes we rely on them for stuff like this.

Hello , this is my first post I just bought 1800e model last saterday but its cant connect to the wifi its working ok when I connect it using ethernet cable but when I try the wifi it stuck on connecti...... I left it for an hour but nothing change so please is it my box or some thing I am missing here

thank you

thank you for your replay , I did all that and I made sure that the passcode for my network is correct I have more then 3 devices connected to my network so I am sure the passcode is correct and about the network setting , do you mean in the box ? because there is not too many option in the box for network . there is two boxes for internet option . the wifi and the Ethernet box I cheek mark the wifi and enter the passcode and click connect and then it say connectin.... and stay like that no change ....is there any other network option that I am not aware off please let me know ..

thank you . my modem is from bell and is new one and for high speed internet ..

Go to mbox settings/other/more settings

Select WiFi. Make sure it is turned on (top right corner)

Select your network from the list. Long click it and select "modify network". Make sure pass code is there. If you are not using dhcp server then select "advanced settings" and manually enter network config. Save, go back to mbox and retry wireless.

Hi I have a similar question regarding the external wifi, I had heard from Canada Computers that a wifi adapter that works for Lunix software might work. I was wondering if this was true.

Thanks,

Mudit

Hi I have a similar question regarding the external wifi, I had heard from Canada Computers that a wifi adapter that works for Lunix software might work. I was wondering if this was true.

Thanks,

Mudit

Our boxes do not support external wifi or bluetooth adapters.

So i would suggest not buying an external wifi adapter.

Hello,

I am having the same problem ever since the latest OTA update !!!

Your issue is you connect wifi and type in password but it will not connect?