Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

verymau

How to update from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 on ATV520E

Hi Guys,

I had an ATV520E with android 4.1.1 and I wanted to upgrade to 4.2.2. I downloaded the files from mygica's website, and not paying attention to the warning that said that if I did that I would brick my ATV520E, I actually bricked it :(

Now I have bought a new ATV520E and it comes with Android 4.1.2 but I want to be able to upgrade to 4.2.2. Is there a way to safely upgrade to 4.2.2 without bricking my second ATV520E? I would like to hear from a mygica engineer/mod on the official way of doing this.

Thanks a lot,

Jorge

Hi Guys,

I had an ATV520E with android 4.1.1 and I wanted to upgrade to 4.2.2. I downloaded the files from mygica's website, and not paying attention to the warning that said that if I did that I would brick my ATV520E, I actually bricked it :(

Now I have bought a new ATV520E and it comes with Android 4.1.2 but I want to be able to upgrade to 4.2.2. Is there a way to safely upgrade to 4.2.2 without bricking my second ATV520E? I would like to hear from a mygica engineer/mod on the official way of doing this.

Thanks a lot,

Jorge

The warning was not that your unit would become bricked right away if you tried this update, it warned you that it could potentially become bricked if you do not follow the steps properly.

If you are afraid to do this yourself again, let me know where you are located, and I can see if I can send you to one of our dealers to have this done for you by them.

Thanks

Hi Justin,

Actually, I downloaded the firmware from mygica.com and it clearly says in the instructions that it will brick the box if you try to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 using the way they explain, and I quote:

"Please confirm if your current system is 4.2 before upgrading /If your system is 4.1, please DO NOT upgrade directly to 4.2 with follow steps.Otherwise your box will be dead."

You can find these PDF's here: http://mygica.com/download/Software/Myg ... -boxes.zip

That's why I bricked mine and why I was asking for an official way of doing that without bricking the box.

I would like to upgrade myself, if possible, but I can also take it to a vendor. I am in London, England. Where could I find one?

If you could point me to a way of upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 myself without bricking the box I would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jorge

Hi Justin,

Actually, I downloaded the firmware from mygica.com and it clearly says in the instructions that it will brick the box if you try to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 using the way they explain, and I quote:

"Please confirm if your current system is 4.2 before upgrading /If your system is 4.1, please DO NOT upgrade directly to 4.2 with follow steps.Otherwise your box will be dead."

You can find these PDF's here: http://mygica.com/download/Software/Myg ... -boxes.zip

That's why I bricked mine and why I was asking for an official way of doing that without bricking the box.

I would like to upgrade myself, if possible, but I can also take it to a vendor. I am in London, England. Where could I find one?

If you could point me to a way of upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 myself without bricking the box I would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jorge

Hi

They put that warning, because those files are only meant if your unit was already upgraded to 4.2.

You will find the upgrade files for 4.1 to 4.2 here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1665

Make sure you read the instructions and watch the how to video before you do this upgrade

And sorry, but I only handle North America, so therefore I would be unable to refer you to anybody in London, England.

Hi Justin,

Thanks so much for your help. That link is what I needed.

One last question. I have a dead ATV520E now. With the red light always on. Is there anyway I can bring it back to life?

Thanks a lot,

Jorge

Hi Justin,

Thanks so much for your help. That link is what I needed.

One last question. I have a dead ATV520E now. With the red light always on. Is there anyway I can bring it back to life?

Thanks a lot,

Jorge

Currently we do not have anyway to unbrick units

Can you not unbrick units by connecting an ARM JTAG debugger to the pcb and re-flashing unit? I'd try if I could figure out how to open the ATV520E

Justin, you posted :

You will find the upgrade files for 4.1 to 4.2 here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1665

Bu that post says:

1.Copy all files into SD/TF card root directory

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

spi_MX.bin

recovery.img

update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.img

And then the attached file is a different one from what is mentioned!

Download for UPGRADE FILES TO ANDROID 4.2 FOR ATV 400 and 520E CAN BE FOUND BELOW:

**MUST BE A MEMBER TO DOWNLOAD IT**

ATTACHMENTS

MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140616_KR34.zip

(281.55 MiB) Downloaded 22328 times

So which file do I need to download to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2, is it MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.zip or MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140616_KR34.zip ?

The odd thing is to see that MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140616_KR34.zip actually contains the IMG update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.img in it.