Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludicer

The ATV582 Affliction

I acquired the ATV582 on Friday, 26 September 2014, in order to test and evaluate it. The next day I eagerly started configuring the unit and was promoted to install an upgrade, but unfortunately this resulted in a degraded display and jerky playback. After investigation I discovered that the latest update was retracted and must assume that it is because of this.

I'm unable to reinstall the previous firmware or do a factory reset. From posts on this forum it would appear that others are experiencing similar issues. It would also appear that the moderators are not kept in loop by the software developers as they are unable to confirm when the latest firmware update will again be available.

I find all of this very disheartening and seriously doubt it if I'd be able to ever enjoy the ATV582 (or any other MyGica products for that matter). it is a pity as I expected my experience to be more positive. As a result the ATV582 will unfortunately not be getting any recommendations from me.

I acquired the ATV582 on Friday, 26 September 2014, in order to test and evaluate it. The next day I eagerly started configuring the unit and was promoted to install an upgrade, but unfortunately this resulted in a degraded display and jerky playback. After investigation I discovered that the latest update was retracted and must assume that it is because of this.

I'm unable to reinstall the previous firmware or do a factory reset. From posts on this forum it would appear that others are experiencing similar issues. It would also appear that the moderators are not kept in loop by the software developers as they are unable to confirm when the latest firmware update will again be available.

I find all of this very disheartening and seriously doubt it if I'd be able to ever enjoy the ATV582 (or any other MyGica products for that matter). it is a pity as I expected my experience to be more positive. As a result the ATV582 will unfortunately not be getting any recommendations from me.

The 09/16 OTA update was pulled only because it had add ons pre installed into XBMC, so therefore I had them remove it, it was not pulled for the issues that you are having.

After the update, it must have reverted back to 720P display, which you can easily change to 1080P in the display settings menu, this will give you much better display. Also the jerky video playback must be because you are using the XBMC 13.1 version, you need to do a factory reset for 13.2 to install.

I am not sure as to why you are having the issues that you are having, may I know which firmware version that you are currently on? You can find this info in the settings menu, under the advanced option. Also what is stopping you from doing a factory reset?

I am in full contact with the engineers in china, so not really sure by what you mean when you say I am out of the loop??

I only relay the info that is given to me by them, and now since they have started there national holiday from the 1st to the 6th, I am unable to make contact with them, since nobody is working.