Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCondor

hdmi CEC problem

Hello, i reported a problem with the easylink (cec) function some months ago. I did some other test and i can report that situation:

CEC is working if i power-on the tv and power up the mygica (real power-up, not wake up).

CEC doesn't work if i put the tv in stand-by and wake up that again. So every time I power-on the tv cec isn't working.

In this situation, with CEC unable to works, if i unplug and replug the hdmi cable the tv recognize the CEC functionality and start working again with the tv remote.

Or again, instead to unplug-replug the hdmi cable, if i unplug and replug the mygica power suppy or make a full reboot of the box.

Seems the tv recognizes the cec function only when the mygica sends an initial command of some type.

The CEC link on the tv software is on ON and not on AUTO so the passthrough of the cec commands are always done by the tv.

The problem appear on both my TV, one Philips and one Panasonic.

The problem appear also with another amlogic box in the same condition so i can imagine a cec driver problem provided by amlogic.... its a new atv582 but i can imagine that AMlogic doesn't update its cec driver along the new SoC launch.

You can test that too? Maybe you can work on that driver or kernel module and set the CEC ability of the myGica always to ON and not only at boot. Thanks in advance.

bump

I am going to have to get an answer for this from the engineers.

I have just emailed them your post, will respond once I get the answer.