Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markj67

Rooting the ATV 1200

Has anyone from MyGica or outside of MyGica rooted the ATV 1200 and is a rooted Android 4.2 system.img file available along with flashing instructions? Alternately - can MyGica provide us with steps to use standard adb to access and root an ATV 1200? Lastly - is a root path available for the 1800e? We are testing 1200 and 1800e for our application and need root access.

Has anyone from MyGica or outside of MyGica rooted the ATV 1200 and is a rooted Android 4.2 system.img file available along with flashing instructions? Alternately - can MyGica provide us with steps to use standard adb to access and root an ATV 1200? Lastly - is a root path available for the 1800e? We are testing 1200 and 1800e for our application and need root access.

The ATV 1200 already comes rooted, so there is no need to root it again.

How do I grant root permissions to XBMC app on ATV1200 then?

I am trying to update a library within XBMC and it's saying it's not a rooted device (obviously XBMC hasn't been granted root access on the box) - how do I go around this?

Thanks.

How do I grant root permissions to XBMC app on ATV1200 then?

I am trying to update a library within XBMC and it's saying it's not a rooted device (obviously XBMC hasn't been granted root access on the box) - how do I go around this?

Thanks.

Can anyone share insight to this?

Sorry I am not to familiar with rooting.