Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkwashby

Power on the USB ports when the unit is off

How come when I turn my ATV1800E off there is still power on the usb ports. I have to unplug my usb hard drives cause I don't want power on them constantly or it could burn out the driver board in them faster.

How come when I turn my ATV1800E off there is still power on the usb ports. I have to unplug my usb hard drives cause I don't want power on them constantly or it could burn out the driver board in them faster.

This is because it just puts the box into standby mode, and does not fully turn the box off.

This is because it just puts the box into standby mode, and does not fully turn the box off.

Is there any chance of having the USB outputs turn off when the unit goes into standby mode added to future SW updates?

Is there any chance of having the USB outputs turn off when the unit goes into standby mode added to future SW updates?

Not at this time as standby mode is currently the only way we can turn off the video signal to the box. We do not have a way to currently fully shut off the box so that it turns off the usb ports, as doing so will also reboot the box again after turning it back on.