Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peder

Update ATV520e Bricked

So i did the update from 4.1 to 4.2 and now my ATV520e won't start just a red light.

I followed the instructions http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1608 here to the letter.

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like your unit has become bricked, and there is currently no way to unbrick units. You will have to get the unit replaced under warranty.

I have seen 2 methods to unbrick units. And they are not something that is easy to do. Mainly due to the fact that the ATV 520E and ATV 400 are both tough units to open up, and this is required in order to follow through with these unbricking steps.

If "Peder" has something better to share, I am sure we would all be open to share it.

Mine ATV520E is currently in a bricked state, with all lights solid red. I have updating firmware with SD card but no luck.

Any additional steps that have worked would be great.

Guys, I find myself in the same boat after 4.2 attempt. My better judgement tells me I should never upgrade unless it's broken but I though it might be safe. Also, it would be nice if the correct versions of firmware were posted on the support site for various flavours of a device. Anyhow, I'm looking to peder to see which pins he shorted on the ATV520E as it doesn't appear to be the same as the 520. Otherwise, I'm going to have to buy a new one and make kindling with this one. It almost made a year of service. BTW, I don't have the receipt so it's essentially junk. Thanks.