Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slam

No firmware upgrade icon nd no MyGiCA page

Hello

I bought MyGica box in HK. It doesn't seem to show either the icon to allow for you to upgrade the firmware and I have also never seen the standard MyGICA page show up. THere does not seem to be this Homelaunch option.

The box seems to have been installed with a lot of Chinese stuff which I can't read but the man who set the box up did set the general settings to English. I'm at a loss as to how to set it up so I can see the standard MyGICA page on start up and I can't find the upgrade firmware function.

Why does the firmware not automatically update through the web? Why does one need to buy a microSD card to do this? I would have thought the program would have been set up to allow it to be able to take in firmware updates through the automatic wifi connections.

Thanks for your help which I really need as I've had the box for a couple of months now and still can't get it working! :cry:

Hello

I bought MyGica box in HK. It doesn't seem to show either the icon to allow for you to upgrade the firmware and I have also never seen the standard MyGICA page show up. THere does not seem to be this Homelaunch option.

The box seems to have been installed with a lot of Chinese stuff which I can't read but the man who set the box up did set the general settings to English. I'm at a loss as to how to set it up so I can see the standard MyGICA page on start up and I can't find the upgrade firmware function.

Why does the firmware not automatically update through the web? Why does one need to buy a microSD card to do this? I would have thought the program would have been set up to allow it to be able to take in firmware updates through the automatic wifi connections.

Thanks for your help which I really need as I've had the box for a couple of months now and still can't get it working! :cry:

Updates over the internet for the 582 and 1800 are only able to be done if you are using Firmware from 07/24 and after this date.

Since your unit was purchased in Hong Kong, I am unsure which firmware you have running on your box.

Would you be able to go into the settings menu of your box, and go to "About Device" and take a picture of this page on your TV, and post it here on the forum?

This will help me determine which firmware that you are running

Thanks

Hello Justin

I have attached the About screen as requested.

[attachment=0]MyGICA About screen.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks for your help.

Seems you have the original firmware from our first batch of units which came out back in April of this year

You will have to update your box to this first

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1591

Then once that is done, you can then proceed to this update.

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1710

After the second update, you can then start to get OTA updates.

You will have to do a lot of updating to your box to get it going with the latest firmware.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes

Thanks

Hello Justin

Just to let you know how I went. I managed to update to the 2 levels you mentioned and then when I went to try the OTA, the box went haywire and started going into this reboot mode (I found another user who got the same problem and you asked to email them about this directly so there was no fix on here published). So I ended up having to take it back into the store for fixing. They managed to provide me the latest firmware and told me that there is a different version of the firmware installed which is an international version that wouldn't allow me to receive an OTA. Is that correct?

I have published the page so you can see that I do appear to have the latest firmware from September and so you can verify for me which version it is. They have told me that this international version doesn't work with the remote control issued out here in HK. Which remote control works with it then? They have told me to just use a keyboard and mouse with the box. Is it possible to get the right remote as a separate purchase? They have told me that I can't buy it like that.

Finally, how can I get the XBMC upgraded to have all the items installed within it so you can watch the movies and worldwide TV. I can't work out how to install XMBC. Is there a pack that I can install on top of my current build which won't make the box go haywire?

Thanks

Slam

IMG_4288.JPG.bae11856abde3401eb8b82b8ec178b92.JPG

Hello Justin

Just to let you know how I went. I managed to update to the 2 levels you mentioned and then when I went to try the OTA, the box went haywire and started going into this reboot mode (I found another user who got the same problem and you asked to email them about this directly so there was no fix on here published). So I ended up having to take it back into the store for fixing. They managed to provide me the latest firmware and told me that there is a different version of the firmware installed which is an international version that wouldn't allow me to receive an OTA. Is that correct?

I have published the page so you can see that I do appear to have the latest firmware from September and so you can verify for me which version it is. They have told me that this international version doesn't work with the remote control issued out here in HK. Which remote control works with it then? They have told me to just use a keyboard and mouse with the box. Is it possible to get the right remote as a separate purchase? They have told me that I can't buy it like that.

Finally, how can I get the XBMC upgraded to have all the items installed within it so you can watch the movies and worldwide TV. I can't work out how to install XMBC. Is there a pack that I can install on top of my current build which won't make the box go haywire?

Thanks

Slam

Hi

Yes you do have the latest Firmware since it is dated 09/24, based on the picture you posted.

I was not aware that units were being sold with different remote controls. We sell these remotes separately here in North America, just not sure if we ship to HK. If you are looking to purchase the remote, try contacting Mygica directly in China, you can find them here http://www.mygica.com

When contacting them, ask for the KR60 IR remote control.

As for XBMC, I suggest you check out You Tube, and search for "How to setup XBMC for Android"

THat's interesting because that is the remote control I have but they told me that the international firmware would result in me not being able to use this remote control and that is indeed the case that the remote control does not work with the updated firmware. Is there anyway around this?

And also I was told that OTA would not work on this international firmware. Is there any way to get it working?

Thanks Justin.