Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaito

All in one firmware update?

Devs,

Since there's a possibility of bricking your 520e when going from 4.1.x to 4.2.2, why not just create a complete update from 4.1.x to 4.2.2? Is this even possible? I too was thinking of updating my firmware, but I didn't realize that you could brick the 520e if going from 4.1.x to 4.2.2. Luckily I did not upgrade my firmware yet. Although I have updated my firmware to 4.1.2 (I think), since I purchased it a year ago without any problems (text instructions were very helpful).

K.

Devs,

Since there's a possibility of bricking your 520e when going from 4.1.x to 4.2.2, why not just create a complete update from 4.1.x to 4.2.2? Is this even possible? I too was thinking of updating my firmware, but I didn't realize that you could brick the 520e if going from 4.1.x to 4.2.2. Luckily I did not upgrade my firmware yet. Although I have updated my firmware to 4.1.2 (I think), since I purchased it a year ago without any problems (text instructions were very helpful).

K.

Since you have to do a OS upgrade, we are unable to offer this as just a All in One Firmware file.

Currently the only way to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 is with the files that we have posted on our forum.

If you don't want to risk bricking your unit, then I would suggest not attempting the upgrade and sticking with what you have.

Hi again, I wanted to clarify that the link for ATV520/520E Firmware Files for Android 4.1 leads to the same .zip file as ATV520/520E Firmware Files for Android 4.2, ie. ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 400 and 520E? So am I to assume that this firmware is to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2, or 4.2 to 4.2.2, or 4.1 to 4.2.2?

If there is indeed an intermediate update for 4.1 to 4.2 please post it.

Thanks,

Kaito

Hi again, I wanted to clarify that the link for ATV520/520E Firmware Files for Android 4.1 leads to the same .zip file as ATV520/520E Firmware Files for Android 4.2, ie. ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 400 and 520E? So am I to assume that this firmware is to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2, or 4.2 to 4.2.2, or 4.1 to 4.2.2?

If there is indeed an intermediate update for 4.1 to 4.2 please post it.

Thanks,

Kaito

The files for 4.1 to 4.2 for the ATV 520E

Can be found here

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5137#p5137

Hi.

What is the new firmware that is shipped with the 520e. I know it's 4.2 but the box has crackel on it.

Thank you

As far as I know the 520E still comes with 4.1 on it.

Our only customers that currently carries the 520E is Canada Computers, and I was in one of there locations earlier this week and still see 4.1 520E's on the shelf.

I had 4.1 on an year old unit.

I bricked mine but fixed it.

It was giving a red light; nothing ever showed on the TV.

I checked the zip file from this site and it was missing an uboot file. I added the missing file, adjusted the config file to point to the 2015 firmware IMG instead of the older 2014 IMG file and it recovered and updated my unit in a single session.

ALL-IN-ONE-UPDATE: hamster.foxhollow.ca/mygica.zip

The unit now works well. I think I'll go get a 2nd one for the other TV.