Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

feedoy

520E and 1080P Beta Driver

Hi,

Has anyone got this to work? I un-installed XBMC. Upgraded the 520E with the beta driver and re-installed XMBC 13.2. XBMC still says it's 720p.

Thanks.

Hi,

Has anyone got this to work? I un-installed XBMC. Upgraded the 520E with the beta driver and re-installed XMBC 13.2. XBMC still says it's 720p.

Thanks.

You need to install the SPI file and Firmware file in order to get the 1080P Kernel on your ATV 520E

This is not fixed by a Driver, also I am unsure where you got this Driver from?

Hi,

Sorry meant firmware (not driver) from the posting "**BETA FILE** Android 4.2 1080P Kernel For ATV 1200/400/520E " of Aug.

That is the latest firmware available

I just flashed those 2 files on my ATV520E and now my XBMC Gotham does say 1080 instead of 720. As expected the Android 4.2.2 background has changed and icons are smaller. So far so good.

Hi Justin. Is there any post Feedback thread for the 520E 1080P Kernel for 4.2.2. ? I have loaded it and so far its good. Couple things I see is the Power Remote button used to allow me to Shutdown but now it just goes to Standby. Previous 720 latest Kernel allowed Shutdown and restart in 4.2.2.

Just threw a 1080p into the XBMC Gotham 13.2 player and it struggles plays a bit Audio cuts out Video Lags. Then I tried it with the default

Movie Player in Android and it was flawless. The XBMC does say 1080 as my kernel. Are there any settings I need to set in XBMC ? Hardware Acceleration is enabled. Movie is a 13 Gig MKV that is working well in Movie Player.

XBMC use is not 100% with this Firmware, that is why it is labelled as a Beta File.

As for the standby mode, that is a feature that was added to our official firmware. This wasn't added to the Beta File.

Hi,

I managed to get the beta firmware on the box and have it at 1080p. Unfortunately, I am using it for XBMC. Is there a process for un-installing the beta firmware? Or is it simply resetting and restoring the 4.2.2 firmware?

I do have only last question... is the Good Play Store missing from the beta firmware? I don't seeing the icon?

Thanks again for the support.

Hi,

I managed to get the beta firmware on the box and have it at 1080p. Unfortunately, I am using it for XBMC. Is there a process for un-installing the beta firmware? Or is it simply resetting and restoring the 4.2.2 firmware?

I do have only last question... is the Good Play Store missing from the beta firmware? I don't seeing the icon?

Thanks again for the support.

You can just reflash to 4.2 to get rid of the 1080p kernel.

There is no Google Play in the Beta version.

Does this firmware only have the nexus launcher? i cant figure out how to select the mygica version?!

Just has the Nexus launcher

If you want to use other launchers, you must install them as APK files using an SD Card or USB Drive.