Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chachi

Some issues with the 1800e

Well after using the 1800e for a few weeks, I found some snags with my usage.

Initially when I plugged in a usb stick/wireless k/b/mouse dongle, I noticed that my bottom right usb port was not working. I was at the point in exchanging the device but I thought I'd try again, low and behold, that usb port worked! I made sure to try all 4 usb ports and all worked. Yesterday I tried again and that port is not working again.

Also, every time I wake the 1800e up or reboot, I keep having to change the video output settings back to 1080p 50, keeps reverting to 1080p 60. HDMI detection is off.

Well after using the 1800e for a few weeks, I found some snags with my usage.

Initially when I plugged in a usb stick/wireless k/b/mouse dongle, I noticed that my bottom right usb port was not working. I was at the point in exchanging the device but I thought I'd try again, low and behold, that usb port worked! I made sure to try all 4 usb ports and all worked. Yesterday I tried again and that port is not working again.

Also, every time I wake the 1800e up or reboot, I keep having to change the video output settings back to 1080p 50, keeps reverting to 1080p 60. HDMI detection is off.

Sounds odd that the one USB port works On and Off for you, if this continues, I would suggest to get it exchanged.

The default output setting for the 1800E is usually 720p 60, and it is supposed to save the setting when you change it manually, as long as you have auto detection off. So I am unsure as to why your setting is not saving.

I would try this here myself, however I do not have a TV which supports @50hz

Which version of firmware are you using?

Let me know

Thanks