Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BFG_Scott

Upgrading to 4.2 - Remote won't work

I just did the Android 4.2 upgrade on my ATV1200. Everything seemed to go as expected except now, after the reboot, it's at the welcome screen where I need to "Click next to continue". Problem is, the remote does nothing. It's will turn the unit on but not off and I can't activate the pointer either.

I'm stuck at that screen. Help?

I just did the Android 4.2 upgrade on my ATV1200. Everything seemed to go as expected except now, after the reboot, it's at the welcome screen where I need to "Click next to continue". Problem is, the remote does nothing. It's will turn the unit on but not off and I can't activate the pointer either.

I'm stuck at that screen. Help?

Which remote control are you using? This seems strange that it will not work all of a sudden

I believe someone from my office spoke with you today in regards to this.

You mentioned you loaded the Upgrade to 4.2 firmware. And they assisted you with the proper files to get the remote control that came with your unit.

Let me know if this was figured out for you?

I follow the link in the PDF to the SPI file and when it goes to mount the disk image, it fails and I get the message "image not recognized". I'm on a Mac running osx Mavericks.

I follow the link in the PDF to the SPI file and when it goes to mount the disk image, it fails and I get the message "image not recognized". I'm on a Mac running osx Mavericks.

Can you try it on a PC

I have the same problem with my atv1200, I have upgraded the last firmware available to download "MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.zip" and now the remote does'nt work. Now I know my remote is KR60

Where we can download the same file but for KR60????

I founded this firmware "update_MyGica_4.2_20140821_with_KR60.zip" here http://mygica.com/download/ but the structure of the files isn't the same as usual and can't install it

We need MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR60.zip so we can extract to the root of the sdcard and install as usual

If you downloaded the firmware from Mygica.com

They have 2 separate PDF files, which detail which remote you should download the correct firmware for.

So I am not sure why you would install the KR34 firmware file.

Also if you received a ATV 1200 with the KR60 remote control, then it already comes with Android 4.2 and it is the latest release of the Firmware for the ATV 1200. So therefore there was no need to upgrade the firmware.