Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saddie

What kind of apps do you have installed?

Just wanting to start a thread, am interestedin what other apps people here have installed on their atv582?

For mee, fairly minimal:

Xbmc :-) Netflix, crackle, YouTube for movies

8 tracks, songza and tune in radio for streaming music

Eye in the sky weather widget

Am using nova launcher

I still haven't found a decent sports streamer app or live tv app. What's on your home screen? :-)

Cmon guys start sharing what your using. Always good to know in case your using something good that others may not know about.

I run mainly xbmc and plex for my local media on my 582.

For xmbc I'm primarily using Genesis and 1Channel... sometimes IceFilms... recently installed canada on demand but hoping it was more live tv than recorded segments.

For SportsDevil, I couldn't find any nhl hockey when I tried it last... maybe its hidden ?

Really trying to cut the cord, but still miss live local canadian tv (specifically news)...

I use Hola which is an unblocker, so that I can watch US Netflix.

For XBMC:

- 1Channel

- Genesis

- Ice Films

- Much Movies HD

- Putlucker TV

- Simply Player

- ustvnow (free for main US networks, but sometimes doesn't work)

- Yify Movies HD

There may be others, but that's all I remember.

FBN

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have never gotten Sports Devil to work for me. I will have to check out this Genesis though! Thanks!

Not sure if this will help those who are trying to install sportdevil but I was trying too as well and finally got it to work. I believe the name changed to digitelesports. The repository can be found here, just click on the 'view full file' link to download the zip:

https://github.com/aarronlee/Aarron-Lee ... -3.0.1.zip

This repo should work with the xbmc that comes pre-installed with mygica 582 (xbmc 13.1)

Hope this helps!

Has anyone experimented with IPTV STB Emulator? I tried to install this from Google Play but said it was incompatible with the 582. Any other similar emulators being tested by anyone?

It looks like my question has been answered with the soon-to-be-released firmware update preview. Thank you for including this feature, looking forward to testing it.

I hope the Mac adress doesn't need changing to emulate other set top boxes.

The Mag TV app being released for MyGica will generate a MAC address for you in each profile, which is what you will need to use to subscribe to a Stalker Portal Service.

But you are able to change it to an existing Mac address from an original Mag 250/260/254 that you already have if you like.