Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ibutikol

MyGica Homescreen icons

Hello,

Before anything else, I'd like to apologize for the ignorance about the device, the applications and most notably android.

So how do I move around the icons on the homescreen of my MyGica? For example, the top row (right below the search window) has Amazon and Facebook on it which I don't ever use, the middle line (where the icons are noticeably larger) I want to remove a couple and replace with others from the bottom (I guess we can call this the "common area").

I searched quite a bit on the discussions board and it seems I need a "launcher" to do that? Unfortunately, I don't think I have that on my ATV1200.

Can anybody please help?

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iB

Hello,

Before anything else, I'd like to apologize for the ignorance about the device, the applications and most notably android.

So how do I move around the icons on the homescreen of my MyGica? For example, the top row (right below the search window) has Amazon and Facebook on it which I don't ever use, the middle line (where the icons are noticeably larger) I want to remove a couple and replace with others from the bottom (I guess we can call this the "common area").

I searched quite a bit on the discussions board and it seems I need a "launcher" to do that? Unfortunately, I don't think I have that on my ATV1200.

Can anybody please help?

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iB

You are unable to do this on the Mygica Homescreen/Launcher, since those icons are not meant to be switched around.

Whoever told you, you need a Launcher to do that, they are correct. You need a different Launcher to do what you are asking to do.

Look on the Google Play store for other Android Launchers which you can install onto your ATV 1200, which will allow you to customize your Home Screen.

Thank you Justin for the quick turn around!

I learned about needing to have a launcher from one of the reads I came across from one of the discussions here in our forum.

Now, being a much more knowledgeable expert, do you have a one particular launcher in mind I can get for free from the Google Play Store? Again, pardon the questions, I'm afraid I trust more what you have to say than what I can see or find if I do my own search.

Cheers,

iB

Thank you Justin for the quick turn around!

I learned about needing to have a launcher from one of the reads I came across from one of the discussions here in our forum.

Now, being a much more knowledgeable expert, do you have a one particular launcher in mind I can get for free from the Google Play Store? Again, pardon the questions, I'm afraid I trust more what you have to say than what I can see or find if I do my own search.

Cheers,

iB

I don't use any launchers really from the Play Store except for the Nova Launcher.

Look for that one, you should like it. As long as you use a Mouse with your box.