Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M!ke

MyGica and Skype?

What webcams actually work with the ATV 1200 and MyGica's version of Skype?

A lot of the Logitech C series cameras work

I have tried the C-210, C-300 and C-900 all worked.

"A lot of the Logitech C series cameras work

I have tried the C-210, C-300 and C-900 all worked."

OK, thanks for the info. I'll check out these cameras.

"A lot of the Logitech C series cameras work

I have tried the C-210, C-300 and C-900 all worked."

OK, thanks for the info. I'll check out these cameras.

No problem

So we need to find a really old version of a Logitech C-series webcam to work with the ATV 1200?? Do the newer versions of the MyGica's support the new webcam models? Or is there a supported procedure to load/install webcam drivers on the ATV 1200? I bought these MyGica's at Costco recently, and i know Costco has a habit of sometimes selling older (almost obsolete) versions of models in their electronics department... these units might be going straight back to Costco.

So we need to find a really old version of a Logitech C-series webcam to work with the ATV 1200?? Do the newer versions of the MyGica's support the new webcam models? Or is there a supported procedure to load/install webcam drivers on the ATV 1200? I bought these MyGica's at Costco recently, and i know Costco has a habit of sometimes selling older (almost obsolete) versions of models in their electronics department... these units might be going straight back to Costco.

For now just the C series of cameras are working, along with some Microsoft cameras.

We are looking to add more as we go, it requires to have the drivers installed into the firmware. Since webcams are not exactly made for the Android OS.

Well i've got 2 of Logitech C-series and 1 Microsoft webcam and none of them work. These are webcams that are currently being sold in stores, so perhaps they are too new for the ATV 1200... but we really don't have much of a choice when it comes to purchasing webcams. It would be nice if MyGica provided a utility to install device drivers (rather than via firmware updates) :)

We currently have no choice but to have the drivers pre installed into the firmware, since none of these cameras provide drivers for Android and probably wont since even Android 5.0 isn't supporting external cameras even though they are supporting TV Boxes now with this OS.

Got my ATV 582 working and was able to make some Skype test calls. I'm happy to say that the Logitech C-525 (HD, 720p) webcam works with the 582 (and at $99, why bother with the 1200). The news is not so good for the Microsoft Lifecam HD Studio (1425) webcam. When you launch a call, the video comes up and i can see myself on my TV, however, as soon as the call connects, the video drops. And even if i manually toggle video OFF/ON while the call is up, i cannot get the video from my webcam to transmit. So the fact that the video comes up initially, tells me that MyGica has included the driver for this webcam, however, the driver needs an update (as it is buggy with Skype). Perhaps this can be fixed?? :)

On the other hand, if you want to keep the 1200, then i'd push MyGica for a f/w update to include the drivers for these webcams (as we really don't have much choice when it comes to buying webcams... it's likely difficult to find the older webcam models which the 1200 supports).

Got my ATV 582 working and was able to make some Skype test calls. I'm happy to say that the Logitech C-525 (HD, 720p) webcam works with the 582 (and at $99, why bother with the 1200). The news is not so good for the Microsoft Lifecam HD Studio (1425) webcam. When you launch a call, the video comes up and i can see myself on my TV, however, as soon as the call connects, the video drops. And even if i manually toggle video OFF/ON while the call is up, i cannot get the video from my webcam to transmit. So the fact that the video comes up initially, tells me that MyGica has included the driver for this webcam, however, the driver needs an update (as it is buggy with Skype). Perhaps this can be fixed?? :)

On the other hand, if you want to keep the 1200, then i'd push MyGica for a f/w update to include the drivers for these webcams (as we really don't have much choice when it comes to buying webcams... it's likely difficult to find the older webcam models which the 1200 supports).

Thanks for the feedback

This will take some time, but we will have to compile a list of supported web cams and there results, from our results so far, majority of the Logitech C series cameras work with Quad Core models.

I am trying to get an update made for the 1200/520/400 in the New Year, so I will push to have webcams updated as well.

Looking forward to webcam update with the 1200 asap. Hopefully the Logitech C920 will also be supported as I bought this webcam specifically for MyGica 1200. Please keep all of us updated on the latest software update release. Thanks.