Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homer99

582 and XBMC

Hi Guys,

I am setting up my 2nd 582 and today ran into a problem with XBMC. I can not type anything with the remote and the onscreen keyboard while in XBMC. However if I am in Android the onscreen keyboard and the remote work perfectly. Any thoughts ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am setting up my 2nd 582 and today ran into a problem with XBMC. I can not type anything with the remote and the onscreen keyboard while in XBMC. However if I am in Android the onscreen keyboard and the remote work perfectly. Any thoughts ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Have you updated the firmware on your 582?

This was a problem we had with earlier version of our Firmware

Our latest firmware is dated 09/25

It's an XBMC setting.

Go to System --> Input Devices and toggle 'Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses' (with 'Profile Settings' set to 'Standard' or higher to make this option visible).

Thanks Kreeturez problem solved. All 3 582 are running perfectly. Good bye Apple TV. Lol

Awesome - no problem, glad you're sorted.

With such flexible boxes like these, there's no place for Apple's jailbreak-only walled-garden beneath any of your TV's! (And this coming from an iPhone fan ;-) )

This is true.

And since the last Apple TV that was able to be jailbroken was the Apple TV 2, its very hard to find these anymore as they stopped making them close to 2 years ago.