Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

youtube pairing

Just to clarify, the youtube app on the Mygica today has pairing settings but from a sender perspective, much like it's acting as an android phone to control another TV. I want the reverse and have my iphone youtube app control the mygica device. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well.

Anyways, I found this article talking about a specific youtube app for set top boxes which seems to pair the way I want it, not sure how to get it on the mygica.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theat ... -consoles/

That new You Tube app you mentioned is for the new Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. Which will work with the new TV Set Top Box apps which will start to become available.

Would I assume you want to AirPlay You tube to your box? If so, then just Open up the app "AIR PIN LITE" on your 582 and then you will be able to Air Play You Tube from your Iphone to your Mygica, as long as both devices are on the same Wifi network.

I have the same problem with my new 1800E that I picked up from the store a few days ago. I chose 1800E over 1900AC for the Bluetooth capability but because of this flaw I am thinking on taking it back to the store. I want to hard-wire my box to the net and use Bluetooth for pairing. Its a shame that much older "Sony" unit had this feature right out the box without doing any tweaks or tricks to it. This is a newer product and I am quite disappointed.

I have the same problem with my new 1800E that I picked up from the store a few days ago. I chose 1800E over 1900AC for the Bluetooth capability but because of this flaw I am thinking on taking it back to the store. I want to hard-wire my box to the net and use Bluetooth for pairing. Its a shame that much older "Sony" unit had this feature right out the box without doing any tweaks or tricks to it. This is a newer product and I am quite disappointed.

Are you looking for a better version of the YouTube app?

No .Youtube works just fine. It's the better box I am looking for.

No .Youtube works just fine. It's the better box I am looking for.

Our box allows you to use Bluetooth and connect to Ethernet

So not sure how this isn't what you are looking for?

My Sony did the same thing and even better with a real remote. I purchased your garbage box thinking its newer and better. Turned out to be none of that. Thank you for your understanding and thanks for your help. I am definitely going to take it back to the store now. Thank you.