Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aaronsnobel

Rooted or jail-broken messages from apps

Hi Justin and team,

I have the atv 1800e and tried to install some apps from play store (which I had to go through the browser since whether its the new update or not play store app is constantly loading and doesn't work) well the apps specifically Rogers anyplace tv app will fail to operate because it sees the box as being rooted? that's the error message I get. Is this normal? Is there a way around it? I tried to hide su using another app but I still got the same message. I did not want to play around with that too much in case I soft bricked the box. Anyhow just thought I'd throw this out there.

2 issues:

play store app constant loading does not work

some apps that play premium content or paid for content can see the box as being rooted and will not play content.

Hi Justin and team,

I have the atv 1800e and tried to install some apps from play store (which I had to go through the browser since whether its the new update or not play store app is constantly loading and doesn't work) well the apps specifically Rogers anyplace tv app will fail to operate because it sees the box as being rooted? that's the error message I get. Is this normal? Is there a way around it? I tried to hide su using another app but I still got the same message. I did not want to play around with that too much in case I soft bricked the box. Anyhow just thought I'd throw this out there.

2 issues:

play store app constant loading does not work

some apps that play premium content or paid for content can see the box as being rooted and will not play content.

Which firmware version are you running?

As the Play Store app should work without issues. Just need a Gmail account to use it.

If it keeps loading on you, try doing a factory reset, to retry it.

Which apps are giving you this Rooted message? And you are downloading them through the browser logged into the Play Store?

*play store magically fixed itself. maybe a network connectivity issue.

specs

------

kernel 3.10.33

build v001m801_20140925

uboot 3159fa2-dirty(20140905.150529)

------

issue now being face from the ROGERS ANYPLACE TV APP from play store download

"cannot watch video. EXternal display detected"

Not a biggie. Would be nice knowing if at the time I original wrote this what specs were on box. might've been ota update that solved the play store issue. who knows. Just figured id drop this reply see if there was anything to be done about external display msg. I think its because im connected via hdmi.