Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnprick

classic skin for my atv380 ...i

hi all i have a atv380 and a atv520e now i love the classic skin on the atv520e how can i install on my atv380 ?? and why is there no form for atv380 ?? i had to use the firmware file of the atv582 to repair my atv380 ..it would not boot up ...

hi all i have a atv380 and a atv520e now i love the classic skin on the atv520e how can i install on my atv380 ?? and why is there no form for atv380 ?? i had to use the firmware file of the atv582 to repair my atv380 ..it would not boot up ...

We do not offer the classic skin from the 520E for the Quad Cores

And I will add a section for the ATV 380 soon. It is almost the same unit as the ATV 582

Is the classic skin available for the atv1800e

No it isn't

And we won't make it available either, since the XBMC icon on it will not work for when we upgrade to KODI next month on our Quad Core Units.

Happy New Year!

I've just purchased an ATV380 and I am in the process of setting it up.

I understand that you will have an ATV380 section in this forum and that you will upgrade the XBMC image to Kodi.

Questions:

> When will the ATV380 update be released?

> Outside of the skin, what other mods are made on this box - vs a regular Android box? Not sure what your code includes (outside of the skin).

> The XBMC that you have is using 13.1 - when will you switch to Kodi?

> Why is a non-stock XBMC release required - i.e. are there any special Android/ chipset underpinning settings that you have to make? Like enabling a special sound or video capability? I believe that Kodi/XBMC have turned off a certain codec before, so I assume that you're enabling in in your code.

> I am proceeding with the full customization of my ATV380 - I assume that I will not waste any of my work now - i.e. I will not lose it when upgrading to your next SW version, right?

> Is there any way to backup everything - one shot - apps and settings, pretty much an image of the system?

Thank you

Happy New Year!

I've just purchased an ATV380 and I am in the process of setting it up.

I understand that you will have an ATV380 section in this forum and that you will upgrade the XBMC image to Kodi.

Questions:

You can use the ATV 582 Firmware, it works on the ATV 380

> Outside of the skin, what other mods are made on this box - vs a regular Android box? Not sure what your code includes (outside of the skin).

When you say mods, are you referring to software mods?

The 11-05 Firmware will upgrade to 13.2, we plan to release Kodi later this month. You will be able to run Kodi and 13.2 at the same time.

> Why is a non-stock XBMC release required - i.e. are there any special Android/ chipset underpinning settings that you have to make? Like enabling a special sound or video capability? I believe that Kodi/XBMC have turned off a certain codec before, so I assume that you're enabling in in your code.

We offer our edition because it is customized to work best with our box, and also offer 4K/2K Video Playback support.

> I am proceeding with the full customization of my ATV380 - I assume that I will not waste any of my work now - i.e. I will not lose it when upgrading to your next SW version, right?

Our 11-05 Update will overwrite everything if you choose to take it. We do not send down OTA updates that do this so it is your choice to manually update if you want. Our next few updates might do this as well, since there are still a lot of bugs and changes that were fixing and making.

> Is there any way to backup everything - one shot - apps and settings, pretty much an image of the system?

Not currently, something that I am pushing the engineers to work on.

Thank you

Questions:

You can use the ATV 582 Firmware, it works on the ATV 380

When you say mods, are you referring to software mods?

The 11-05 Firmware will upgrade to 13.2, we plan to release Kodi later this month. You will be able to run Kodi and 13.2 at the same time.

We offer our edition because it is customized to work best with our box, and also offer 4K/2K Video Playback support.

Our 11-05 Update will overwrite everything if you choose to take it. We do not send down OTA updates that do this so it is your choice to manually update if you want. Our next few updates might do this as well, since there are still a lot of bugs and changes that were fixing and making.

Not currently, something that I am pushing the engineers to work on.